Your Weekly Update from Natick High School
On Friday, October 21, the NHS Choirs and A Cappella groups held their annual Fall Fest event! This enormous event was well-attended by Natick families of all ages. The musicians worked together to plan, promote, and carry out the event, which featured performances from more than 100 students from all five choirs and three a cappella groups. The students also led fall-themed activities including games, crafts, and a haunted house in the choir room. They were in charge of promoting, setting up, and cleaning up the event. See below for a photo of some of the students and check out the video of the concert HERE.
We also hosted the sophomore social on Wednesday evening in the cafeteria, which was well attended. It is so enjoyable to see our students excel and have fun outside of school hours at NHS. The calendar is quickly filling up with performances, dances, and many more activities and experiences for our students.
Have a great weekend.
Natick High School
THE WEEK AHEAD
MONDAY, OCTOBER 31 - BLUE 2
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 1 - RED 1
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 2 - BLUE 1
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 3 - RED 2
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 4 - BLUE 2 - TERM 1 ENDS
STUDENT HIGHLIGHTS - RedHawk Pride - The Natick Nest
This week we highlight the first publication of the Natick Nest, our official student run school newspaper. Students were in the lobby this morning distributing hard copies, but they have also produced a digital version. You can find a number of articles, editorials, opinion pieces, music reviews, and a sports section in the Nest. We are so proud of this student work coming to fruition, they have worked tremendously in getting the first edition of the school year out to students and the community. Please feel free to peruse their digital version with THIS LINK. Great job , Nest staff!!
Reminders and Important Points
1) Letter to Parents/Guardians and Community regarding students at school events. Please read this important information in keeping students safe and respectful at school events.
2) Halloween is coming on 10/31- Seniors have a long standing tradition of celebrating in school. Please read the guidelines that we expect for this Senior tradition
3)Natick Public Schools has partnered with a free, online 24/7 tutoring company to support students in their academic work. With Paper™, students get access to free, unlimited, and 24/7 academic support from fully vetted tutors, all from a secure platform. All Paper tutors are experts in their own academic areas, and students can get support across 200-plus subjects in four languages.
Host a Teacher from Starfish International
We are looking for two Natick families to host for about four months apiece, generally to coincide with the two semesters. For more information, please read more here...
MassBay Community College Field Trip - Nov. 8
Seniors, if you're interested in learning more about Mass Bay Community College, join NHS Guidance on a free field trip on Tuesday, Nov. 8. We'll take a bus to Mass Bay's Wellesley campus, tour the school, meet with Admissions for an information session, and learn about athletics and academic programs. At the end of the visit, all students will have an opportunity to apply for admission to Mass Bay.
To attend, see your Guidance Counselor, or Mr. Garry in Guidance, for a permission form.
NHS TECHNOLOGY CERTIFICATION
NHS has a Technology Certification program for students who are passionate about technology and able to excel past our current course offerings. Students work with an advisor to create a culminating project, connect with the community and demonstrate their expertise to a panel of community members at the end of the year. It's a great opportunity for students to distinguish themselves to colleges, internships and in job applications. Certificate earners get a presentation at class night, and a cord at graduation!
ATTENTION CLASS OF 2024:
1. Class merchandise is now on sale! Click on the link below to get your official Class of 2024 Sweatshirt, T-Shirt, Crewnecks, and Lanyard. The process is easy and you can pay with a credit card. They also make for great holiday gifts! The online store closes on November 10th, so place your orders soon! Please email any of your class officers (Kenzo, Ava, Ryan, or Lily) if you have any questions or concerns. Here is the link to the online store: https://matt95245.wixsite.com/nhs2024
2. Class Dues! For those of you who have not yet paid your Class Dues, please make sure you do so as soon as possible. Class Dues are a one-time $100 payment -- if you pay the dues, then you can enjoy all of the upcoming class events, such as Boat Cruise and Senior Prom. Class Dues can be paid with cash or check (made out to NHS Class of 2024). Email any of the class officers if you have any questions or concerns."
Updates from the Athletics Department
For all of our Athletic teams schedules, information on how to buy tickets for games, and our school spectator and user guidelines, please REFER TO THIS PAGE.
VARSITY FOOTBALL GAME FRIDAY OCTOBER 28.
For information regarding the football game on Friday 10/28, please see visit this website:
WINTER SPORTS REGISTRATION OPENED FRIDAY OCTOBER 7.
Please refer to the following document, to find out how to register and when you need to register by.
AP Exam Registration
Natick High School 2022 - 2023 AP® Exam Registration Now Open
Registration Dates: September 30, 2022 - October 31, 2022
Cost: $101 per exam
*$10 Late registration fee: November 1, 2022 - November 6, 2022
Note: These exams are intended for students who are currently enrolled in an AP course at Natick High School or have prepared for exams independently.
Contact our AP Coordinators listed below with questions.
Guidance Department Bulletin
Thank you to our PTSO for their ongoing support to our students and faculty. Our PTSO is looking for more volunteers to assist them with their work for the school year. You can learn more about the NHS PTSO, and how to get involved by visiting their website. Thank you in advance for your help!
You can subscribe to their monthly newsletter at the top of their webpage.
Reminder for Parents Who Want to Volunteer--CORI Checks
Reminder If you want to volunteer in schools, you must have a CORI check conducted and you must go into the building with identification (drivers license or passport) to do this. Click here for description of what a CORI check is and does. Without a CORI check, you cannot volunteer in the school. Here is the form to fill out for a CORI.
- Title I: Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990Title II
- Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990Title VI
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964Title IX
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972
- MGL, Ch.76, Section 5: Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 76, Section 5