Lakeview Patriot Newsletter
for the LCHS Community - "More than a Diploma..." 8/9/21
Patriot Pride... students are active and school is now in session. JOIN US!
- GISD Returning to IN-PERSON Instructions and Re-opening Information LINK - for the most updated GISD COVID information
- Doors open at 6:50 AM. Students may enter the building by either the front doors, near the main gym facing Hayman Dr. or the side doors, facing Rowlett Rd. Once inside, students should go to either the Cafeteria or Main Gym until dismissed to class.
- Parent Drop Off is in the front drive, accessible from Hayman Dr.
- Bus drop off is near Band Hall, accessible from Rowlett Rd. If you need help with transportation, follow this link.
- Student Parking - accessible from Rowlett Rd. **Students who drive their own vehicle must have a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and will need to purchase a parking sticker/ permit. Once all student drivers have had time to acquire a permit, cars without a sticker are subject to being towed or booted. Please complete this form to begin the process of attaining a parking sticker/ permit.
- Students who need a schedule change should follow the directions on this form. Counselors will contact students who need schedule changes some time during the first few days of school to ensure all students are in the appropriate courses.
- Dress Code - All students are expected to follow the district dress code. Please refer to this LINK for information about Dress Code.
MEET THE TEACHER NIGHT
Tuesday, Aug. 17th, 5:30pm
3505 Hayman Drive
Meet the Teacher Night is August 17
Make plans now to tour the campus and meet your child's teachers and administrators. We can't wait to see you at Meet The Teacher night. The date is Tuesday, August 17 from 5:30P-7:30P. #BeRevolutionary #WeAreLC
LC Cafeteria NEWS
Meals available at no cost for all students in 2021-22
This school year, healthy meals will be offered every school day to all students at no cost. Typically, a student’s household must meet income eligibility requirements to qualify for free or reduced-price meals. However, the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) issued guidance that allows schools to offer meals to all students at no cost for the 2021-2022 school year. Each school/site or central office has a copy of the policy, which may be reviewed upon request.
While no application or eligibility determination process is required for your student to receive free meals this school year, the income eligibility requirement will likely resume in the 2022-2023 school year.
LCHS Patriot Athletics
Lakeview Centennial HS Athletic Program Contacts
Athletic Director: Anthony Saincilaire
Girls' Athletic Coordinator: Terrenee Knight
Matt Heider (HC), Lamont Mason
Boys: (direct email) J.T. Locklear (HC), Levi Hughes, Jay Jurchisin
Girls: Garron Green (HC), Jaclynn Page, Tabitha Sanders, Tiana Garrett
Varsity: Essence Jones
JV: Kenya Symonette
Boys: Luis Chavez
Girls: Terrenee Knight (HC), Nikki Ganter
Coaches: Anthony Saincilaire (HC), Michael Booker, Carmalle McGee, Alex Horn, Matthew Heider, Henry Hill, Jahmikal Edwards, Leonardo Perez, Matt Swain, Garrett Smith, Jay Jurchisin, Aaron Thomas
Athletic Trainers: Judson Dorsey, Kimberly Higgs
Boys: Kevin Muenz
Girls: Mary Gibson
Erica Berry Gondran, Suzy Mauldin
Boys: Alex Olive (HC)
Girls: Nikki Ganter, Vanessa Olguin, Aaron Thomas
Luis Chavez (HC), Laura Townsend, Deanna Hand
Boys: Alex Hill (HC), Matt Swain
Girls: Terrenee Knight (HC), Tabitha Sanders, Garrett Smith
Jaclynn Page (HC), Laura Townsend, Vanessa Olguin
Swimming and Diving
Patriot Preview in CANVAS for Students
Safety and Security
- ID Badges should worn and visible at all times. All students will receive a school ID Badge when school pictures are taken, until then students may wear last year's.
- Visitors should report to the Secure Vestibule in the front of the school for screening.
- It is also expected that each of us report anything that may makes our school unsafe, either by contacting the SRO Officers at LC, the counselors, the teachers, the administrators or any staff member immediately when a concern arises. If a person wishes to remain anonymous, concerns may be reported by using this Anonymous Alert Form.
- We expect all Patriots at LC to be safe and enjoy everything about LCHS this year. Please know all of Garland ISD, LC Administration, Faculty and Staff work hard to ensure everyone in the LCHS Patriot Community stays safe each and every day.
GISD Family Engagement
Free English classes
Family members of English Learners can take classes through our Evening Study Center free of charge. We offer classes to improve English skills, a GED class and a Citizenship Preparation class in order to help support our parents and guardians in participating in their student’s schooling. Specific classes will offer additional support in Spanish and Vietnamese.
Registration is open from July 20-August 20. Space is limited, so be sure to register before the deadline.
Visit GISD's Evening Study Center page for details on how to register. We look forward to seeing you there.
Dallas County Promise
Dallas County Promise
The Promise is a partnership of school districts, colleges, and nonprofits coming together to make college completion possible for more Dallas County students. Seniors from the thirty-one participating high schools (yes, LCHS is one!) can get started by completing their Promise Pledge at DallasCountyPromise.org.