Weekly Updates from Mrs. Cervantes - Nov. 28, 2021
Coyote Ridge Families,
Hello, everyone! I hope you and your families had a fantastic time together this past week enjoying some great food and fun. We have three weeks of school until Winter Break, and it will be filled with spectacular learning designed by our amazing CRE teachers!
In this newsletter, you'll find information on an important lunch visitor update, available COVID vaccine clinic for ages 5-11, a shopping/craft fair opportunity, school cafeteria meals, PTA membership and spirit wear information, and calendar updates.
Thank you for your support, and I hope you have a wonderful week.
--Padgett Cervantes, Principal
Lunch Visitors - Update!
For each grade level, you will notice there are 4 to 5 available slots per day per lunch time. Pre-K lunch overlaps with 2nd and 3rd, which is where you will see the adjusted number. We only have room/tables for 5 total visitors per lunch. Please, only one parent per child can visit, and please limit lunch visits to no more that once per child per week to allow for more parents to attend. There will still be plenty of opportunities next semester as well. Please also note that parent and child will be sitting at a separate table from the classes.
It's been quite a while since we've been able to have lunch visitors, so I want to take a minute to review a few district guidelines:
- Please sign in through the office with your driver's license for scanning into our Raptor visitor management system.
- Visitor may only provide food for their child and no other student.
- Parents and visitors may not record video or audio or take photographs or other still images without permission from the teacher or other school official.
As of right now, we only have the sign-ups up and running for the next three weeks, but the dates after the winter break will be up soon. We look forward to seeing you!
COVID Vaccine Clinic Ages 5-11
LISD Elementary Families,
The district is excited to collaborate with Passport Health to host free COVID vaccine clinics at select campuses for students ages 5 through 11 who choose to receive the Pfizer COVID-19 pediatric vaccine. Space is limited.
- For LISD students, staff, children of LISD staff, and siblings of LISD students who may not attend school yet.
- Families must register in advance.
- Parents/guardians must be present for students to receive the vaccine.
- Insurance information will be collected at the clinic; a state issued ID is required for individuals who do not have insurance.
- The second dose will be given after at least 21 days from the first dose and will automatically be selected when registering for the first dose.
For a full list of locations and dates, and to register for an appointment, visit the health services website.
For questions, please contact the Health Services department or the campus hosting the clinic you wish to register for.
LISD Health Services
Coyote Ridge PTA (Parent-Teacher Association)
Parents, we invite you to join the CRE PTA! Along with spirit wear sales will be online membership and registration. I encourage ALL parents/guardians and staff to join, and we will continue to aim for 100% membership. Please remember that your membership dues go to support the school with items and programs that directly and positively impact your child's learning experience at CRE. Your membership also helps us have a collective voice in matters that impact education as a whole. Your membership in no way obligates you to any specific volunteer tasks or participation in meetings, but we'd love to have you! We proudly aim for 100% CRE staff participation, and we'd love to get as many families in as possible. Grandparents, neighbors, and community members are welcome members as well!
To join PTA and/or order CRE Spirit Wear, click on our CRE PTA website below and follow the steps. REMINDER: Membership dues go to support the school with programs directly impacting our students learning experience at CRE. Joining the PTA, in no way obligates you to specific volunteer events or participation in meeting. We would love to have you join, but there is NO obligation.
Coyote Ridge PTA Website - https://coyoteridgepta.membershiptoolkit.com/home
Thank you for partnering with us this school year!
Mark Your Calendars!
- 11/29. Kindness Monday
- 12/2. Think College Thursday - wear your favorite college shirt
- 12/2. 3:00-4:30pm - Vaccine Clinic for Pre-Registered students with parent present - appointments only.
- 12/3. Spirit Day: Pajama Day - wear school-appropriate pajamas
- 12/9. Teacher Appreciation Winter Luncheon
- 12/10. Spirit Day: CRE Spirit Wear/school colors
- 12/16. Winter Classroom Parties (only up to 2 Room Parents may attend)
- 12/17. Spirit Day: Holiday Wear - wear festive shirts/sweaters
- 12/17. EARLY RELEASE - 11:45AM
- 12/18 - 1/5. WINTER BREAK
- 1/6 - Teacher Workday - NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS
- 1/7. Back to School for the Spring Semester!