LIFT Weekly Update
All about the Student Ministries at First Baptist Covington
I know it is an extremely busy time for everyone, with lots of extra-curricular activities and performances. Be encouraged! Summer will be here before you know it. But until it is...
Prayer Breakfast is on for tomorrow! Come enjoy some special Saint Patrick's Day pancakes and a nice time of prayer before school.
LIFT, is on for this week with great worship, some prizes, and more of our super weird and interesting message series on the life of Elijah called The Tishbite! Check out last week's message along with follow-up questions below!
Sunday Night at LifeLine, we'll have a fellowship time, heading up to Scoops for some ice cream and hanging out on the square throwing frisbees and foxtails and just having fun. 6-7pm. Ice Cream is on me!
Be in prayer for our Honduras Mission Team! We've got a great team of 31 people heading to Orphanage Emmanuel April 4-9, just a couple weeks away! REMEMBER OUR FINAL MEETING COMING UP THIS SUNDAY MARCH 22ND. Come prepared with your testimony and a 20-30 minute devotional to share with the kids! We'll arrange final details and make plans!
Summer Camp this year is July 13-17, and we'll be heading to Student Life @ Daytona Beach for an incredible week! Sign-ups will open up on March 18th, and space is limited. Check out the preview video below!
The LIFT Supper Schedule is below, and our first one for the year is next week. Many of you signed up at our Parent Meeting. Let me know if you'd like to be added to an open spot!
- March 22nd - Final Honduras Spring Break Mission Trip Meeting, 5pm.
- April 4th-9th - Honduras Spring Break Mission Trip
- May 17th - Graduate Recognition Sunday
- July 13th-17th - Summer Camp @ Daytona Beach
Current Message Series at LIFT
Hear the incredible story of Elijah the Tishbite.
LIFT Supper Schedule
We offer FREE dinner to our students once a month. Here's the schedule you signed up for!
LifeLine This Sunday
This Sunday, 6pm-7pm we'll go get some ice cream and hang out on the square!
Last Week's Message From LIFT
· Why is the fact that God desires COMPLETE devotion and obedience from us hard for us to handle sometimes?
· When Elijah asked the people, “How long will you go limping between two different opinions,” what did he mean?
· How does that question apply to us?
· Was the contest between Baal and God up on Mount Carmel necessary? Did God have to prove himself? Why or why not?
· How does this story prepare the way for Jesus?