Teachers in Industry
December 12, 2014: STEM Focus
What is it?
Teachers in Industry is a fun opportunity for educators to spend a day learning more about employers through on-site visits and presentations at local businesses. Join us on December 12th to learn about:
- THE MAKER MOVEMENT: Come to GRMakers to see what these creative studio/workshop spaces are all about, and how makerspaces can engage students in science, engineering, and tinkering.
- GR's TECH SECTOR: Open Systems Technologies (OST), a local tech firm that has made Inc. Magazine's list of fastest growing private companies in the US for 8 years in a row. See what makes them unique (beyond their gym, shuffleboard, and fun kitchen spaces) and what they're doing to reach out to the education community.
- HOW DOES SCIENCE MEET BUSINESS?: GR Current is one of a growing list of business incubators in that focuses on the life sciences and emerging technologies in West Michigan.
- KENT ISD STEM RESOURCES: Did you know Kent ISD has a 3D printer and an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) available for you to integrate into your classroom? Find out how to access these tools and instructional support to add some real world applications to your classroom!
Friday, Dec. 12th, 8am-2:30pm
2930 Knapp St NE
Grand Rapids, MI
- Cost is $10.
- We will begin at Kent ISD, with transportation and lunch provided for the rest of the day.
- SCECHs available and aligned to the School Improvement Standards.
- Questions? Email Trudy Ngo-Brown or call 616-365-2350.