Books, Books, and More Books
Please share your knowledge, ideas, and questions about e-books!
E book Lingo/Key Terms...
eReader - a portable electronic device used to download and read books or magazines that are in digital form.
eBook - a book in digital form.
Enhanced book - multimedia books; contain audio, video and interactive content.
Careen Howard says...
eSingles -a short story in digital format.
*Promoting digital literacy*
Amazon - Kindle - Features
- Need an Amazon account
- Read on almost any device
- Whispersync - Books sync to all devices that have Kindle app (including notes, bookmarks, and highlights)
- Kindle app; Kindle device
- Free download of first chapter before purchasing
- Check out ebooks from library and have it delivered to your device with Kindle app
How To Use Kindle App
- Cloud vs. Device
- Settings (brightness, background color, font, etc.)
- X-Ray - explore the "bones of the book" (not available on all books)
- Audio version and immersion reading available for some books
- How to get book into Kindle app
- How to manage books (Amazon account)
- Create collections
Kindle App Classroom Resources
Interesting article about E-Books...
Other E-Book Readers
Download in App Store
Optimized for reading books in EPUB 2 file format.
All books are FREE!
How to use Wattpad
All books are FREE
Free e-books and audiobooks (over 45,000)
Feedbooks and Manybooks