African People's Organization
About the APO
One of the strategies of the APO was to try and persuade white liberal groups to vote for and believe in their rights. Many of their protests and nonviolent debates but pressure on these different groups to vote their way. The APO became so powerful that they organized protests and debates nationwide and sent out a whole newspaper every two weeks. Soon, the events started to take a radical turn. Despite this, the APO was able to gain support from most classes of coloureds causing them to have a huge impact on some of the other races even. Even though many of the organizations long out lasted the APO in the fight against the apartheid, this organization in particular set some ground work for others to work off of, making it extremely important.
- "Against Botha's Deal." SAHA. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Nov. 2015.
- "South West Africa People's Organisation (SWAPO)." Anonymous. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Nov. 2015.
- "Namibia Country Profile: Moving on from a Difficult past - CNN.com." CNN. Cable News Network, n.d. Web. 15 Nov. 2015.
- "Latest Additions." The Origin and Development of the African Political Organization. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Nov. 2015.
- "African People's Organisation (APO)." Anonymous. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Nov. 2015.