We are off to a great start!
Welcome to the 2016-17 school year! We have a lot planned for this school year at Swansboro Elementary and are excited to get started. To kick the year off, we learned that we received a “B” school performance grade and exceeded growth!!! We would like to give a BIG shout out to our wonderful students, staff, parents and community supporters for making this happen! We will be working hard this year to continue this high level of academic performance and grow even more! To help with this endeavor, many lessons and field trips have been planned to help our students gain the knowledge they will need to succeed. We also have several fun items planned including the Homecoming Parade and of course, FALL FESTIVAL! This is a night the staff, students, and community always look forward to; so come join in the fun!
Other Happenings at SBES are:
· 4th and 5th graders have received laptops through OCS 1:1 initiatives
· 3rd graders put forth a great effort on their BOG assessment
· 2nd graders are learning about Community Helpers
· 1st graders are doing “Me bags” so they can learn about their classmates
· Kindergarteners just wrapped up their color week
· Teachers are already meeting in Professional Learning Communities to collaborate, analyze data and plan effective instruction.
· The following student groups are starting up: Academic Derby, Lookout Scouts, Backpack Buddies, Honor Chorus, Girls on the Run, Odyssey of the Mind, Military Counseling groups.
· We have held our first PTO meetings and volunteer trainings. The Candy Man fundraiser and Box Top Collection drive have kicked off.
· New Security system and dismissal procedures: Thank you to our parents for being patient while we get used to the new systems, too.
· SBES now has a school Facebook page. We have also received 2 new Smart Panels for classrooms.
None of what we do at SBES could happen without the love and support of our families, volunteers, and community. That’s what makes Swansboro Elementary so special- we are a family! Here’s to a great school year!
Page Highsmith & Beth Wilsey
Early Release Day!
Students will be dismissed at 12:05 (car riders) and 12:15 (walkers). Bus riders should arrive at their stops 3 hours earlier than a typical day. Lunch will be served, but times will be adjusted.
SBES will participate in the Homecoming Parade in downtown Swansboro at 5 pm. We will be honoring Mrs. Conaway, Mrs. Roberts, Mrs. Jones, and Mrs. Kidd, our employees of the year! Kickoff will follow at 7:30 pm. Go PIRATES!
Dress to impress on September 27th, our picture day. We hope to see everyone smiling and looking their best!
Early Release Day!
Box Tops for Education-Check out the pumpkins in the main hallway to see which class is in the lead!
Fall Festival- October 21, 2016
* Makes checks payable to Swansboro Elementary PTO.
* If you would like to volunteer, please email Heather Landry at email@example.com.
Students Embracing Success
Our mission at Swansboro Elementary is committed to the academic, physical, social, and emotional growth of each child to be globally competitive and become a responsible citizen in the 21st century.