Peace Valley Nature Center
Due to size limits - Exclusive only for PA Virtual students
AWW - THIS OUTING WAS RAINED OUT! WE WILL TRY TO RESCHEDULE!
Investigate & Learn about Animal Real Estate!
Purpose of Outing: Educational
All animals have specific needs which include food, water, shelter & space. Each student will research one animal that lives at Peace Valley Nature Center. At PVNC we search near the pond and/or stream, in the woods, thickets and fields for signs of those animals and discuss their relationship and interdependcence to the environment.
OLS Hours: 1.5 hours of Science
Peace Valley Nature Center
Friday, Oct. 11th, 12:30-2:30pm
170 Chapman Rd
- Cost: $5.00 per student
- This event is for PA Virtual Students Only. The lesson will be tailored for each school, Elementary, Middle, Highschool... depending on RSVP's and we will be spliting into age appropriate groups!
- One adult chaperone per student - Adults are free!
- Please arrive on time at 12:30 to sign in, pay admission and get name tags.
- Outing will end at approximately 2:30pm
- Please dress for the weather and wear sneakers and socks.
- If the Nature Center cancels due to inclement weather, every effort will be made to reschedule
RSVP: Parents must submit ALL of the below information from their Designated parent school email by Oct. 1st
Please send all RSVP info (#1-5) from your parent school Gmail account to:
FSC Heather Schaffer firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Student name, grade, homeroom teacher’s name
2) Chaperone’s full name (one adult chaperone per PA Virtual student for this event)
3) Total in Group
4) Any serious allergies or medical conditions that I should be reminded about?
5) Is this your first year at PA Virtual?
*For this special event due to size limitations, it is exclusive for PA Virtual students only. Please make arrangements for non-PA Virtual Siblings and tiny tots. One adult chaperone per student. Adults are free. Thank you for your understanding*
Reminders about all PA Virtual Outings
1: In consideration of our students with serious allergies, please refrain from bringing nut (food) products and balloons.
2: As always, to limit the spread of possible flu, please do not attend a PAVCS event if you have had a fever within 24 hours of the event.
3: For safety: All students need to be accompanied by a parent or learning coach. All students must wear shoes/sneakers for the entire school event and please refrain from bringing pets.
4: If there is a possibility of severe weather, please check Blackboard the day of the event in case the event is cancelled due to weather.
5: All PAVCS events are tobacco free. Please do not smoke near or around any children or the outing facility.