Hillel, Judaism, Israel, Campus life.
Hidden behind the BBC and CNN headlines there’s just so much more to know about Israel!
1.Twenty-four percent of Israel’s workforce holds university degrees – ranking third in the industrialized world, after the United States and Holland – and 12 percent hold advanced degrees.
2. Israel has the third highest rate of entrepreneurship – and the highest rate among women and among people over 55 – in the world.
3. With more than 3,000 high-tech companies and start-ups, Israel has the highest concentration of hi-tech companies in the world (apart from the Silicon Valley).
4. Israel has the fourth largest air force in the world (after the U.S, Russia and China), including an aerial arsenal of over 250 F-16′s.
5. Israel has more Nobel prizes per capita than any other country except Switzerland.
6. Israel’s dairy cows are the most productive dairy cows in the world.
7. The Israel national trail was recently chosen by National Geographic as one of the world’s 20 best hiking trails.
8. Israel is the only country in the world to have free trade agreements with the US, Mexico and Canada as well as the European Union and the European Free Trade Association, at the same time.
9. For all of you who lick stamps, the glue on stamps in Israel is KOSHER.
10. Israel is roughly half the size of Lake Michigan.
11. Israel is the only country in the Middle East that allows Jews, Christians, and Muslims to vote.
12. The two most common surnames in Israel or Levi and Cohen.
13. Israel receives more media coverage per capita than any other country in the world.
14. The night club "Haoman 17" is one of the top in the world and often has international DJ's party's.
15. The Weizmann Institute of Science has been voted the best university in the world for science research.