A SART non-negotiable...
Below is a link to the district's RtI Live Binder. Please take a look around. There are many resources available to teachers to help them as they reflect on student learning.
An answer to a frequently asked question... "How long does a student receive TIER 2 intervention?"
1. Fidelity...has the student been receiving the "intervention" routinely?
2. Progress monitoring...what does the data say?
3. The student's level of academic engagement. Are they participating in their learning? If no, why not?
4. Staff attendance...has the teacher been present? Or did she/he miss several days of school?
5. The student's health...has the student been out of school due to illness?
6. Attendance is also a variable. Are they absent just because? Are they new to our district and have move around a lot?
7. Hearing and vision...does the student have normal hearing and vision?
8. Instruction...has the teacher used instructional strategies that support the student's learning style?
TIER 2 support should be provided a minimum of 6 weeks. However, if teachers have questions there is support! Here are the "go to" people... Campus SART, Instructional Coachs, and Intervention Specialist. You can also email Kimberly McDougald and/or Bobbye McCain and they can answer questions as well.
Finally... an opportunity for a JEANS PASS!
An intervention is ____________________________________________________.