.13 for 1 gram
- Atomic Number, 92
- Atomic Mass- 238.029
# of electrons 92
# of neutrons 146
Melting point -1,135c
Boiling point - 4,134c
Normal phase - Solid
My element belongs to the Actinide family.
Origin name Uranus.
Discovered by; Martin Heinrich Klaproth in 1789.
- first element to be found fissile.
- took until 1938 to discover uranium could be split to release energy.
- located in Group 3 elements of the Periodic Table and in the 6th and 7th periods
- Uranium has a half life of 760 million years!
- Some compounds of radioactive elements were used for military applications as early as in the First World War.
- is used in inertial guidance devices, in gyro compasses, as counterweights for aircraft control surfaces, as ballast for missile reentry vehicles, and as a shielding material.