August 19, 2022
Lincoln Elementary Earns an A!
We are proud to share the news that our campus earned it's first ever A accountability rating from the Texas Education Agency based on our performance in the 2021-2022 school year. In 2018-2019, our campus earned a C rating. In 2019-2020, schools were not rated due to Covid. While student performance was assessed during the 2020-2021 school year, ratings were not determined for schools, again, due to recovery from Covid. Our staff and students worked hard to overcome our previous rating, and that hard work paid off. We have always had students and staff who were "A" quality. Our rating finally reflects it. In addition to our A rating, our campus earned three Distinction Designations. Distinction Designations are awarded when a school or district shows exceptional achievement in certain areas. Our distinctions were in the areas of Academic Achievement in Mathematics, Postsecondary Readiness, and Top 25%: Comparative Closing the Gaps.
Even before our ratings came out, our staff was at work analyzing the data from our students' performance last year, searching for ways we can improve in how we reach our students. We have much to celebrate, but we are always looking for where we can improve. If you want to be part of the process for helping us continue on our journey for excellence, I invite you to serve on our Campus Advisory Committee. This committee is composed of a variety of campus stakeholders and helps to create and revise our campus improvement plan. The committee members work together to ensure we are always improving. If you would like to serve our our Campus Advisory Committee, email me at email@example.com.
For more information about how accountability ratings work, click here.
Make a Note
Please read below of some important information to make a note of and who to contact if you have questions.
- If your child is absent, please send a note within 48 hours of the student's return to school. Notes received after 48 hours of the student's return will be noted but the absence will remain unexcused.
- If they will be eating breakfast at school, car riders should enter the building by 8:05 in order to have time to eat and get to class before the tardy bell rings at 8:15.
- If your child may be eligible for free or reduced lunch, don't forget to complete the application.
- With our continued focus on your child's safety, we want to reiterate that all student drop off must be from one adult directly to another. With 450 students entering the building in a 25-minute period, we are able to staff the areas we have designated as student drop-off zones. To be able to continue to keep these areas adequately staffed, we need your help. Please, do not use the front entrance of the school as a drop off area. This entrance is ONLY for parents who have business to address in the front office. If you do have business to take care of in the front office, please park and walk all the way into the building to speak with our receptionist at the front window.
Involvement Opportunities - Continued from Last Week's Newsletter
One of our campus goals is to build more parent involvement on our campus. As parents, you know your child best. We want to partner with you to consistently make our school better. Below are several opportunities where you can be involved or provide feedback.
- Principal Safety Committee - This committee will work with the principal to share concerns and ideas, as well as to support the implementation of security processes on campus. We will hold a meeting each semester to address the specific needs at Lincoln. This committee will work alongside our existing threat assessment team and report to the district Safety and Security Committee. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in being a part of this committee.
- Campus Advisory Committee - This committee is composed of campus stakeholders and works with the school to develop and refine our Campus Improvement Plan. The comittee will meet once each quarter. If you are interested in serving on this committee, email email@example.com.
- WatchDOGS - This program allows caring adults to volunteer their time to support campus personnel and serve as positive role models for our students. More information on participation requirements and training will be shared in the coming weeks.
- Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) - Our PTO is an organization of parents that works to support our students and staff in a variety of ways. They recently purchased some toys and games that students can play with the weather inhibits their ability to play outside. They also bring in special programs and activities for our students and find ways to show appreciation to our staff. We encourage all families to join. For more information, you can contact our PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find them on Facebook (@myLESPTO).
Special Thank Yous
We had several families who blessed our staff this week, and we want to be sure we express our gratitude.
- Maddox J.'s family dropped off some delicious mini Nothing Bundt Cakes for each of our staff on Friday. It was such a special treat and so appreciated!
- Lianna B.'s family brought in a fruit tray that was enjoyed by our staff. Such a healthy and yummy treat!
- Tarionna A.'s family also brought in some cupcakes for our front office staff and teachers to enjoy.
Thank you all for helping to take care of our staff. We appreciate you!
Staff Shout Outs
- Back to School Bash! 11:00-8:00 at Montgomery Grove. LES Dunk Tank 11:00-11:50!
- Lunch Visitors May Begin
- Wear your spirit wear!
- Hat Day for $1 donation
- August 30 - Coffee with the Counselor 8:30 am or 6:00 pm (see flyer below)
- September 8 - Parent's Night 5:00-7:00 - Two Sessions - More Info Coming Soon
- September 9 - Grandparents' Day Breakfast (Last Names A-L) 7:15-7:45 a.m.
- September 12 - Grandparents' Day Breakfast (Last Names M-Z) 7:15-7:45 a.m.
- Septmeber 22 - Fall Pictures
Lunch visitors will begin on August 22. Our staff will use the first 7 school days to teach and review our lunch procedures and expectations. Once lunch visitors are allowed, you are welcome to eat with your child on the stage during their lunch period. You will need to check in at the front office with your ID and get a visitor badge. Please do not invite other students to join you or provide food or snacks for other students. When lunch is over, all students will line up with their class. Visitors will return to the front office to turn in their visitor badge.
- Pre-K - 10:40-11:10
- Kindergarten - 11:15-11:45
- 1st Grade - 10:45-11:15
- 2nd Grade - 12:15-12:45
- 3rd Grade - 11:35-12:05
- 4th Grade - 11:55-12:25
- 5th Grade - 12:35-1:05
School Hours, Attendance and Tardies
- Doors open at 7:50
- Tardy bell rings at 8:15
- School day ends at 3:40
We are working hard to maximize each and every minute our students are here. Students who arrive after 8:15 are considered tardy and will need to be walked into the front door of the building and signed in by a parent or guardian. If your child needs to leave early, they may be checked out through the front office by a parent or guardian.
Changes in transportation need to be made prior to 2:00 in order to allow time for the messages to be communicated with the appropriate staff member. To request a change of transportation, either
- Send a note with your child,
- Email LincolnElementaryTransit@misd.org with the note and a copy of your driver's license, or
- Come to the school with a copy of your driver's license.
Location: 700 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Dr, Montgomery, TX, USA
Phone: (936) 276-4700