Weeks of September 19th-30th
Off to a Great Start!
Educator Effectiveness Update
Also, in order to accomplish our informal and formal observations, I will be starting my rounds for informal observations starting this week. The hint will be: IF I enter your classroom with my laptop, I will complete an informal observation. I am always encouraged by seeing what is happening in your classrooms.
- Please include RR, MAP and PALS data in your grids
- Color code the data to reflect on, above, below and targeted. The colors truly give you the best picture of tracking your students growth or decline. Please let me know if you need the cut off chart for the color coding.
- Also, please list the percentage of students who have met their targeted yearly growth on the bottom of your shared google grid.
- One change for the end of the year - Each teacher will turn in one hard copy of their data grid at the end of the year. This will assist us in the process of doing our data dig and to make sure we are able to accurately compile all data.
Literacy Update - Fall Into Reading Night
- 5-5:45 dinner in the commons
- 6:00 Program Kick off in the Gym - Readers Theater, Parent Education Video, Puppet show and info from Weyers Hilliard Librarian Sue (The is an all star line up!)
- 6:20-6:55 Family Events:
- Kindergarten Wing - book mark maker, comfy spots to kids
- Lobby - book selection by grade level tables
- LIbrary - tumblebug books and comfy reading for families
- Third Grade Area - Kahoot with technology
- A few other surprises, too!
- New this year, teachers will not be doing individual presentations in their classrooms. We are trying to create an environment that helps families stay together and have some fun with Reading!
- The theme for the night is Camp out with Books - camping and jammies!
Fuel Up and Play 60 - Watch for Details!
PLC Date Change - Large Group PL PLC is rescheduled to October 4th
Save the Date: November 8th is National Stem Day
T-Shirts are available to order for the event. More info is in Amy's Bits and Bytes. Here is the link to order: http://howardsuamic470.corecommerce.com/hssd-innovate-create-t-shirt-order.html
Deadline to order September 20th!
Sept. 20 - PLC; "Read 20!" Clothing; Deadline to order STEM shirt; Husky Apparel
Sept.21 - Staff Development Meeting
Sept. 22 - Child Study Team Planning; Kristin out of the building am; 1st Day of Fall Wear Jeans!
Sept. 23 - Personalized Learning Team; Packer Day
Sept. 26 - SPED Community Meeting
Sept. 27 - PLC- Large Group for Personalized Learning; Husky Wear
Sept. 28 - Staff Management Meeting
Sept. 29 - Treats, Service Team Leaders
Sept. 30 - Kristin and Di out of building, Bay Port Homecoming Weekend!