MCES WEEKLY TOP FIVE FOR PARENTS
UPDATES FOR THE WEEK OF NOVEMBER 21- NOVEMBER 25
MONTCLAIR ELEMENTARY SCHOOL’S WEEKLY TOP 5 FOR PARENTS
- Teacher Workday/Holiday: On November 23, Cumberland County will observe an OptionalTeacher Workday, and students should complete all student work from home. Additionally, on November November 24-25, we will observe Thanksgiving for students and staff.
- Cumberland Family Academy: Amazing things happen when families and educators join forces in students' lives. As part of its strategic plan, Cumberland County Schools (CCS) launched Cumberland Family Academy (CFA) during the 2020-21 school year. Since launching CFA, district officials have continued to listen to families to create innovative ways for families to receive information and resources to support their children. Throughout the 2022-23 school year, CCS families will have numerous opportunities to connect with the school system and receive critical information and resources to help their children succeed in the classroom and beyond. Please reach out to Mr. Gillespie about how you can sign up.
- Dental Van: The Dental Van will be on the campus of Montclair Elementary School on Thursday, Dember 1. Parent Forms will be sent home at the end of November.
- Winter Dress/Mask: Parents, as the weather begins to change to colder temperatures, please ensure that you send your children to school with a jacket or coat. Please also encourage them to keep up with their coats or jackets. We want to ensure that our students come into our building as healthy as possible. Also, be mindful as we are heading into flu season—many of the symptoms mirror those of Covid 19. As always, if your student exhibit any symptoms, including a Fever of 100.4 or higher, a continual cough, shortness of breath, muscle or body aches, headache, loss of smell or taste, sore throat, chills, runny nose, nausea, or vomiting and diarrhea, please keep them home. Please emphasize to your child that it is essential that the cover remains above their noses and mouths.
- Transportation: As the temperature drops and we continue upon Flu, please be reminded that your drop-off and pick-up might be shifted slightly. A bus driver could be ten minutes early or late if students are absent from a bus stop. We ask that our families be at the stop ten minutes early and wait ten minutes after the pick-up and drop-off time. If you are experiencing issues with the Hear Comes the Bus app, please get in touch with Mr. Gillespie. Additionally, we have noticed that some of our bus riders need to meet the expectations of a Montclair student when riding the bus. Please remind your child that riding the school bus is a privilege, and they are expected to follow the bus driver's rules, outlined in the CCS Student Code of Conduct. Repeated safety rules and procedures violations may result in the loss of bus riding privileges.
Character Trait of the Month for November: Integrity
A MESSAGE FROM THE ADMINISTRATION TEAM
Greetings, Montclair Family, and Happy Friday to our Montclair Families,
We want to remind our families to sign up for all our Social Media Platforms and other communication resources. Please make sure that you also check our Montclair School Website. We want to ensure that our parents are constantly in the know and updated with what is happening in the school building.
As a reminder to our Families, " EVERY MINUTE COUNTS." There have been a lot of late check-ins and early check-outs. Our students must be here to maximize their educational experiences at Montclair Elementary. Beyond the safe, loving, and nurturing environment we foster here, we also want to provide the best quality instruction to our students. Still, to do that, we need them here on time and staying until dismissal. Parents, please be reminded that the late bell rings at 8:30 AM. If students are checking in consistently late, they are missing a lot of instructional time, which could lead to students having to catch up with the rest of the class.
The Administration Team would like to wish our families a safe Holiday. Please continue to practice safety guidelines. Thank you for your continued partnership and trust in our staff to provide your students with the best education.
Principal-Stephanie Wall Powell/Assistant Principal-Darius B.Gillespie
Montclair Elementary School provides an environment that encourages the growth and development of our students.
We are committed to the following:
The enhancement of positive character traits
Achievement of academic excellence
Awareness of physical fitness
The faculty and staff invite you to be our partner in our journey toward greatness!