FAC Weekly Update
September 27, 2019
Good afternoon, Fine Arts Center Family
I hope you had a wonderful week! College Day was a rousing success - the university representatives were extremely impressed with our students, faculty, and facility. I firmly believe that our reputation for excellence was solidified, and I hope that our Juniors and Seniors returned home today with a stronger focus towards their future goals.
Here is the latest from the halls of the Fine Arts Center...
This Week's Student Leadership Lesson
"The greatest day in your life and mine is when we take total responsibility for our attitudes. That's the day we truly grow up."
- John Maxwell
Peace Center Teen Ambassadors
The Peace Center Teen Music Ambassadors program engages outstanding high school students who are passionate about music in developing stronger performance and leadership skills. Led by Peace Center Artist-in-Residence and Avery Fisher Career Grant winner Igor Begelman, the program fosters the development of musical teamwork, performance practice, communication, and civic engagement through the arts. Students receive free tickets to attend performances, master classes with great artists, and career development workshops presented by the Peace Center. The ambassadors perform at the Peace Center and in the community at the culmination of the program.
Please join me in congratulating...
- Eve Begelman, Grade 10, Voice
- Bess Bridwell, Grade 11, Flute
- Abigail Byrd, Grade 12, Cello
- Maxwell Canipe, Grade 12, Oboe
- Adam Finkelstein, Grade 12, Percussion
- Mia Kim, Grade 10, Violin
- Virginia Kate Kirby, Grade 12, Voice
- Annabel Poinsette, Grade 11, Voice
- Philip Rawlinson, Grade 11 Viola
- Julia Rhyne, Grade 11, Violin
- Lura Zimmerman, Grade 10, Voice
Support our FAC Students!
- Warehouse Theatre - The Crucible - https://warehousetheatre.com/shows/the-crucible/, Directed by Jayce Tromsness (husband of FAC Theatre Faculty, Anne Tromsness)
- Carolina Ballet Theatre - Sleeping Beauty and Latin Nights Dance Fiesta - https://www.peacecenter.org/events/arts-partners/carolina-ballet-theatre
Did we miss anything that features our students? Please email Mr. Popat with information.
Want to help raise funds for the Fine Arts Center? Simply shop at Publix! Click on the following link for directions and information - https://corporate.publix.com/community/corporate-campaigns/publix-partners.
Educators Who Make a Difference
Upstate Parent magazine is seeking nominations for their annual “Educators Who Make a Difference” edition. Nominations must be made using the online form found here. Please submit your nominations by October 18. You may nominate more than one person but may not nominate the same person more than once. We hope that you will take this opportunity to recognize our phenomenal Faculty!
Friday Studio Access
Studio access will end on Fridays at 4:30 p.m. This applies to all Fridays. Please be sure that you have wrapped up your activities by that time and have arranged for prompt transportation.
Greenville County Schools - Financial Aid Workshops
Greenville County Schools has four Financial Aid Workshops available to parents. Please choose the date and location that best fits your schedule:
- September 30, 2019 • 6 PM, Hillcrest High
- October 7, 2019 • 6 PM, JL Mann High Academy
- October 14, 2019 • 6 PM, Travelers Rest High
- October 21, 2019 • 6 PM, Eastside High
- October 4: Music Faculty Recital - during the school day (Students only)
- October 7: Visual Arts Portfolio Day - during the school day
- October 10: Senior Visual Arts Field Trip to Penland
- October 10: Jazz Concert - 7:00 p.m., Recital Hall
- October 17: Strings Chamber Music Concert - 7:00 p.m., Recital Hall
- October 19: Voice Field Trip to SCNATS
- October 22: Visual Arts Field Trip to Atlanta
- October 23: Jazz Concert @ Genevieve's - 7:00 p.m.