Watch us SOAR!
4th Graders Presenting at School Committee
Here are a few quick updates for everyone that I discussed in my video:
- We just completed our mid-year iReady Diagnostic in math and ELA. We also had every student complete a writing prompt. We are beginning to review all of this information and are very excited about the progress that students have been making.
- Inspired Learning Day happened last Thursday and was a huge success! Students learned all about the Portrait of a Learner superpowers and helped Jiji by designing ziplines to safely transport Jiji across a canyon.
- Our Book Lover's Breakfast will be on Tuesday, 2/14 on Valentine's Day. Before school on Tuesday, Feb.14, the PTO will host a breakfast and families will be able to read together and enjoy breakfast. We will be directing families to park across the street in the field and Officer Sinko will be here to help with traffic.
- A reminder that for Valentine's Day, if your child is bringing in Valentine's, please do not send in candy or food with the Valentines.
- Feb. 17 is a half day of school, 12:05 dismissal and no lunch served. Staff will have professional development that afternoon and then the following week is no school due to winter break.
- Feb. 17 we have a Student Council led Spirit Day. It will be "All Around the World Day." Students can wear colors representing a favorite country or dress in attire from that country or wear something that represents that country.
- Feb. 17 we are going to do another Play Day!! Students are able to bring in toys and/or games from home that fit into their backpacks or a bag that they can carry on the bus. The only rule is no electronics.
- Our core value this month is KINDNESS. Students will be discussing kindness during KCR time. Feb. 17 is Random Acts of Kindness Day so students will be working to complete acts of kindness at home and fill out a heart. We are working together to grow our "kindness garden!"
- We have kindergarten registration happening throughout the day on Feb. 17. If your child is attending kindergarten here at Clough next year, Mrs. Busby has contacted you to schedule a registration appointment for this Friday. If you have not registered your child yet, please make sure to go to the website to start the process.
I hope you all have a chance to enjoy the vacation week next week. I know I am looking forward to unplugging and spending time with my family. When we return on Monday, Feb. 27 it will be time to march into March!
4th Grade Celebration!
Thank you PTO for bringing Ralph Masiello to Clough!
Notes from the Nurse...
iHealth Test Expiration Date Extension
The FDA recently extended the expiration date of iHealth COVID-19 at-home tests by an additional 3 months. iHealth COVID-19 at-home tests may be used for up to 15 months from the date of manufacture. Find the new expiration date at https://ihealthlabs.com/pages/news. Please do what you can to share this news with anyone who may have received tests from your organization.
New State Behavioral Health Help Line:
The Department of Mental Health has launched a new Behavioral Health Help Line that people can call or text at 833-773-2445. It is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week in more than 200 languages. The help line can help individuals and families navigate the behavioral health system and access treatment, including mobile crisis services. District and school leaders are asked to please share this resource with staff, families, and students, where helpful. For more information, please see the FAQ. Anyone with questions or concerns about the help line can email the help line director at Mio.Tamanaha@mass.gov.
Important Dates to Remember
Feb. 14 - Breakfast with Books! 7:45-8:45 drop in and read in the Clough cafeteria, PTO providing breakfast
Feb 17 - All Around the World Spirit Day! Play Day, Half day of school, 12:05 dismissal, no lunch served, PD in the afternoon for teachers, Kindergarten registration appointments
Feb 18-26 - Winter Break, no school
Feb. 27 return to school
Connect with Us!
Location: 10 North Avenue, Mendon, MA, USA