Greendawg Market 2015
applications due may 22, 2015!
Now our third year, 'Greendawg Market'
- Saturday Farmer's Market sales in Logan's Parking Lot . June 13-September 12
- CSG . Community Supported Garden (more below)
- Aquin Student Internships (more below)
CSG . Community Supported Garden
Based on the 'Community Supported Agriculture' model, Aquin is offering 'shares' in the 'Greendawg Market' gardens. When you purchase a share, you will:
- support the gardens' expenses
- support Aquin's tuition assistance program
- get a weekly 'share' of the gardens' harvests
- $100 for a 'full-share' for the 2015 harvest season (1 'share' of the harvest every week)
- $50 for a 'half-share' for the 2015 harvest season (1 'share' of the harvest every 2 weeks)
- after covering expenses of the gardens, remaining funds will go to Aquin's Guardian Angel fund and provide tuition assistance. Last year we were able to provide $2280 in tuition assistance.
- Every Wednesday from June 10-August 1
- Pick up your share of the harvest at Aquin Jr-Sr High School from 3:00-6:00 p.m. (come to the student parking lot off Empire Street. Distribution will be in the Gym Lobby.)
- Beginning the week of August 3rd, shareholders will no longer pick up their shares on Wednesday afternoon but will be able to pick up their shares at the Saturday Market located in Logan's parking lot from 8:00am-1:00pm.
Greendawg Internships--Help Pay your Tuition!
Attention 2015-16 Aquin Senior High Students age 15 and older!
'Greendawg Market' is looking for some help with weekly harvests and distributions through its new internship program. Interested students will need to apply to be considered for the internship. Interns will:
- work Wednesday Harvests from 9:00am-12:00pm
- work Wednesday Distribution from 3:00-6:00pm
- work Saturday Distribution from 7:00-11:00am
- internships begin June 10
- earn $10 per hour towards your Aquin tuition