BRIAN NGUYEN 9-3-15 8A
Ergonomics is the science of designing the job, equipment, and workplace to fit the worker. It is concerned with the ‘fit’ between people and their technological tools and environments. It takes account of the user's capabilities and limitations in seeking to ensure that tasks, equipment, information and the environment suit each user.
Healthy Digital and Egonomic Habits
- Putting computer monitor to the right level of your face.
- Rest your eyes occasionally when working on computer.
- Keep your hand like your holding a ball when typing or using mouse.
- Sit up straight in your chair.
- Be further away from your screen at-least 20 inches.
What is OSHA?
OSHA is Occupational Safety and Health Administration, a federal organization that helps protect works from jobs providing healthy environments.
OSHA's Main Role's
OSHA promised rights are to...
- Provide Management Support.
- Implement Solutions to Control Hazards.
- Encourage Early Solutions of MSD Symptoms.
Dangers of Egonomic Activites
- Painful inflammation of the tendons, striking your keys or mouse too hard could cause pain for you.
- Knee pain, when you are sitting on your chair too low will cause aches and bruises.
- Shoulder pain, your keyboard or mouse is too far away causing you having to stretch far.
"Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands." -Jeff Cooper