Ms. Schmidt's Classroom News
September 18, 2016
Peanut Allergy In Our Classroom
We are also in need of a basket coordinator. If you can help with this job, please email me and let me know.
New Third Grade Class
If your child is moving to this new class, you received a letter last Tuesday. We will be transitioning students starting on Wednesday afternoon. The third grade team has been working closely with Mrs. Espinoza and our goal is to make this transition as easy as possible for our students.
I'll be very sad to say goodbye to our classmates who will be moving to the new class!! As we make this transition, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
What Are We Learning About This Week?
- This week, we will be starting our reading groups. Students will meet in small groups with me each day to learn skills that will help them to become a stronger reader.
- Planning a Story
- Writing a Personal Narrative
- Addition and Subtraction Strategies
- Force and Motion
Notes About Our Classroom
- Jackets - Sometimes, our classroom gets a little chilly. Ask your child if they'd like to bring a jacket to keep in the room, so that they can be comfortable while learning.
- Water Bottles - It's hot out! Please consider sending a water bottle with your child.
- Headphones - Please make sure you send headphones for your child to use in our classroom. These will be your child's personal headphones - no other students will use them.
September 29 - Curriculum Night 6:00-7:30
September 30 - Early Dismissal
October 3 - Blue Shirt Day - Bully Prevention Program - More Info Coming Soon!
October 8 - Fall Festival