Identity theft is a crime in which an imposter obtains key pieces of personal information, such as Social Security or driver's license numbers, in order to impersonate someone else
Ohio Man Sentenced in Identity Theft and Tax Refund Scam
- Sentenced to 12 months and a day in prison, three years of supervised release and ordered to pay $30,129 in restitution to the IRS.
- Howard purchased 18 names, social security numbers and dates of birth from a co-conspirator for $3,500
- Howard then provided the income tax refund checks to a co-conspirator to be cashed
- Received a portion of each check, ranging anywhere from $600 to $1,600.
How Are Families Affected By This Crime
- It can put a family inside huge financial problems
- Make them lose there homes and jobs
- Put you in a lot of stress
- Put you in DEPT
Types Of Identity Thefts
Age Doesn't Matter
No matter how old you are your "NEVER" to old or to young to get your identity stolen.
Social Security Card
This is one of the most common ways people can steal your identity.