Grizzly Gazette- 09/20/21
West Briar MS School Updates: Week 5
It was awesome seeing so many parents at our Virtual Open house last week! Please know that we are here to help your student.
Even though we couldn't be in-person, we hope you found the event useful. For those who could not make it or for those who experienced technical difficulties, each teacher's Open House presentation is being saved to the West Briar website here:
- WBMS Website: School Information: Virtual Open House
- In addition, you can always email your student's teacher using their email address found in our Staff Directory & you can find your student's assigned Dean here.
We are still getting all teacher's presentations posted, but expect them to be there by the end of this week.
- Some parents and students have also had attendance questions. To get specific assistance with your student's attendance and submit an absence note, you may reach out to our Attendance Clerk- Ms. Puente.
Make it a great day to be a Grizzly!
Cycle 1 Progress Reports
A Progress Report is a snapshot of time that shows what the student's grades were on the day Progress Reports were pulled. Progress reports signal the halfway point in the grading Cycle. There are now three weeks remaining in Cycle I.
- Cycle 1 End Date: October 1st.
- Houston ISD Academic Calendar 2021-2022 (includes all grading periods, bottom right)
The most up-to-date and accurate reflection of a student's class grades, is to look in HISD Connect/Power School. Students and parents can download the Power School app and see any of their grades and assignments in real-time.
- HISD Connect login-instructions also went home with student's Progress Reports last week. This information gives the parent their unique login information and instructions on how to get started.
HISD Connect- Portal to your student's grades and information!
HISD Connect is the parent and student portal to student's information, addresses, and grades.
- Here are HISD Connect How-To Videos if you need assistance with HISD Connect.
- Here is the link to HISD Connect (Parent Portal).
Make sure to keep your email address and phone number updated so that you are receiving the most up-to-date campus and district information! This is how we communicate with you.
TEA BOY Testing: Monday/Tuesday
Monday, Sept 21: Reading
Tuesday, Sept 22: Math
All students should bring a laptop to school both Monday and Tuesday- whether they are testing or not. (Students not testing will complete course work for Math, ELA, Science, & Social Studies in the HUB or on paper assignments from teachers.)
See this WBMS: HB 4545/Accelerated Learning Flyer- that's been saved to our website.
- More information will be sent out soon, but some HB 4545 links/documents have been added to our website (below):
Citation: Click2Houston Article 9.16.21
We simply want to bring this situation to parents attention in order to initiate the conversation about how any type of vandalism or destruction of school property should not be celebrated. Rather, students should be trying to promote kindness, responsibility, and respectful interactions online.
West Briar Community-
In an effort to speed up the after-school dismissal process, we will be implementing the below traffic flow for all car-rider pick-up. Please understand that student, parent, and staff safety is at the heart of all campus decisions.
- Please Be Kind and remember this when picking up students from West Briar.
See the below traffic flow that will be begin 9/21/21:
Reminder: Park Bayou- No Parking
- Please adhere to our Arrival & Dismissal procedures by flowing through the parking lot area, picking up or dropping of your student(s), and exiting back onto Park Bayou.
For the safety of all Grizzlies- please do not allow your student to run across this street.