Glenview Weekly Update
February 16, 2022
-Choir rehearsals will begin again on Thursday, February 24th . Practice begins at 7:55am.
Any 4th, 5th, or 6th grade students who were not in choir this past Fall but would like to join for the Spring can be registered here: https://forms.gle/3CDYGLiBnY5wX4iX6
The Choir will sing the National Anthem on May 6th, and the Spring concert is on June 1st.
-Please see the attached Read Across America flyer! Each day during the week of February 28th, we will have a specific theme to celebrate Read Across America Week!
- Our 100th day of school was celebrated by our students and staff on Monday, February 14th. Glenview students added to our school lists of: 100 places to travel, 100 questions, 100 acts of kindness, and 100 reasons why we love Glenview!
-Kindergarten registration will be held on February 17th from 9am-1pm in the multipurpose room. Please bring proof of residency, updated immunization records, and your child's birth certificate. Please contact the main office if you have any questions.
- Please continue to pack an extra mask with your child. Also, please encourage your children to bring a water bottle each day. We do have fountains with filler stations for everyone to use.
Make sure you check out our Glenview Ave. School Facebook page!
Mrs. Lauren Orfe
(856) 547-7647 x 6000
HADDON HEIGHTS PARENT TEACHER GROUP - NEWS AND INFORMATION:
- In an effort to avoid scheduling conflicts with the February 23rd Cyber Safety Parent Night program, the next HHPTG General Public Meeting has been rescheduled and will now be be held on Wednesday, March 2, 2022 via Zoom. Calling all current volunteers, new volunteers, and parents and guardians who are interested in becoming involved in running events, creating supplemental learning opportunities for students, investing in our teachers, and so much more! Stay tuned for more details about this meeting.
- The HHPTG Science Fair is back in-person and will be held on Thursday, March 10, 2022 in Glenview's Multipurpose Room, 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Sign-up sheets for both individual and student groups, as well as for volunteer judges, are attached. We are also looking for snack and beverage donations for the event's concession stand. Parents, please sign up to help out with this event and have your students sign up with their individual or group science experiments and project ideas!
- Don't forget to order your student's 2021-2022 Elementary School Yearbook! Please see attached flyer with information and options on how to order a yearbook, as well as instructions on how to purchase a celebratory yearbook booster. The price for a yearbook is now $30 and the deadline to order a yearbook for your student is April 1, 2022. Sixth Grade families do not need to order a yearbook, as one will be provided to each Sixth Grade student as a complimentary item, but you are encouraged to order a yearbook booster!
Fundraiser Info For 6th grades
Please see attachment and link!
Cyber Safety Parent Announcement
We are happy to announce that we are hosting our cyber safety parent night again! We are lucky enough to have a special agent with the Department of Homeland Security and a detective with the Camden County Prosecutor’s Office to join us and present this critical topic on cyber safety for our students! We are so excited to also present this to our students for an assembly!
The detective will be covering topics such as:
1. Cyber bullying.
2. How and why to make your social media/gaming accounts private.
3. The dangers of meeting people online, not sending/asking for/posting inappropriate images/videos online.
4. Possible consequences of not being careful online.
Please see the flyer attached.
Parent conference- 2/23/22 6 pm Haddon Heights Jr-Sr High School
February 18th- Full Day Staff In-Service
February 21st: No School
February 23rd: Cyber Safety Parent Night
February 24th- Cyber Bullying Student Assembly
February 25- Sports Gear Day; High School Musical Preview
March 4th- 1/2 day In-service
March 18th- 1/2 day In-service
Lessons of the Week!
Phase Two: effective January 26, 2022, all Haddon Heights students who meet any of the following criteria should isolate for at least 5 full days and may return to school on day 6 if they are asymptomatic:
- test positive for COVID-19 infection
- have symptoms of COVID-19 (including those waiting for test results or who haven’t been tested)
- are exposed close contacts age 12 or older who completed the primary series of a recommended COVID-19 vaccine, but have not received a recommended booster shot when eligible or who are not fully vaccinated.
Returning students on days 6-10 will need to wear their masks at all times, including at recess. Students will also eat lunch in an auxiliary room until the 10 day timeline is complete. If you do not want your child to follow these protocols for lunch, you may sign them out for lunch, and sign them in upon return. If you have any questions regarding our new protocol, please contact the main office. We thank you in advance for your flexibility during this time.
They must wear a well-fitted mask at home and in public through day 10. Symptomatic individuals must remain isolated for the 10 day period.
Breakfast Menu- February
Breakfast- February 2022
Grab and Go Breakfast
Breakfast will be served at all elementary schools. This will be a “grab and go” style where students can take it to their homeroom. Breakfast is FREE for all students for the 2021-2022 school year. Please help yourself each day. Should you not want your child to participate in the free breakfast program, please advise your child’s teacher. Thank you.
Lunch Menu- February
Lunch- February 2022
As you know, the school lunches are free. As the students enter their classrooms, the teacher will ask each student if they brought lunch from home or if they are getting a school lunch. The teachers will take the students' school lunch orders based on the menu choices for that day. The menus are located on the school website. If the student is getting a school lunch for that day, we will assume that you approved your child to receive and consume the school lunch.
Any Questions? Call HHSD: 856.547-1920 ext. 5535