PRE-K 4 NEWS!
JUAN DIEGO ACADEMY APRIL 5, 2016
Welcome back from Easter break. We hope you had a wonderful and happy vacation. It was great to see all the children happy and sharing with their peers their experiences about all the things they had done during their vacations.
This is the last week of the Read-A-Thon and the money should be turned in on Monday April 11th. Please support your children with this endeavor. Since our children are not reading on their own yet, parents can read to them and fill in the reading log. For every book you read to your child you can ask friends and family for a donation depending on the number of books you plan to read to your child. We have a goal of $10,000 and will be offering awards to the class that does their best. So, get reading!! Questions? Contact Shanan O'Driscoll Hedges at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reminders: TOMORROW WEDNESDAY the 6th IS NICE FREE DRESS FOR SPRING PICTURES!! DON’T SEND YOUR CHILDREN IN UNIFORM!!!!
• All school Mass on Thursday 9 am.
• April 6th, Sports/Spring photo day at 8 am. Please come dressed in “Sunday Best” if you are getting a Spring photo taken. If you are taking sports photos, come dressed in a Basketball or Cross Country uniform. These photos are optional.
• Pajama Day/Read-In...End of Read-a-Thon on Friday!! BRING YOUR FAVORITE BOOKS TO SHARE WITH THE CLASS. (2 BOOKS ONLY!)
• LATER THIS MONTH:
• Wednesday April 13th, noon dismissal Professional Development for teachers.
• Saturday April 16 Junior Daffodil Parade in Proctor District of Tacoma.
• Saturday April 30th Spring Fling in Holy Rosary.
Oral Language. Let’s Find Out/Mi Weekly Reader! !Comienza la primavera! Spring starts! Objective: This lesson will help children read sight words. Also we will talk about clouds and the weather. Read-Aloud ¡Splish, Splash!
Religion: Jesus is risen! The children will learn that Jesus died on the Cross on Good Friday, but rose from the dead on Easter Sunday.
Estrellita Phonics: Review all letter sounds to begin the lesson. The letters C,c is our focus for this week. Children will learn new words that begin with these consonant sounds. Children will be tracing and writing the letter forms and learning songs related to the letter sounds.
Saturday fun on April 16th:
Daffodil Parade: Parents, you and your child can join us by being in the parade!!! We need about 5 or 6 Preschoolers to lead the parade on decorated push tricycles that our school owns. They will wear their uniforms and we are working on a flower headpieces for each student riding the bike. Boys will not wear flower headpieces but we can decorate their tricycle. Let us know now if you want to be in a parade with teachers, parents, and students. Adults wear school colors. Maybe, we will win! Our marching school band will lead us on the short route. More information to come.
Have a wonderful week,
Sra. Raquel L., Sra. Farías and Sra. Laura P.