By: Haven Moore
Henrico County's Seal
Henrico County's length
Descriptions of Henrico
Henrico county government (executive)
Henrico county government (legislative)
Each Virginia county has an elected board of supervisors, which exercises legislative powers, enacting ordinances (local laws) and adopting an annual budget.
Henrico County Government (judicial)
Judges of the circuit courts, district courts, juvenile and domestic relations courts, and small claims courts hear cases in each locality.
Public Relations & Media Services
Geographic Information Systems
- The Henrico County GIS Office was established in 1997 and serves to coordinate and support the use of geospatial technology within the County.
- The County’s GIS office provides the necessary hardware, software, databases, applications, and personnel to support the County’s geographic information management and analysis.
- The GIS Office is involved in geospatial data development, maintenance and analysis from individual to enterprise wide projects.
- The use of GIS within Henrico County has grown to become an integral part of workflow policies and procedures.
- Foster care is a service provided to families that are experiencing a major crisis or difficulty in parenting
- Foster care is intended to be a short term situation until a permanent placement can be made, preferably back with the biological parents
- The Community Maintenance Team strives to work cooperatively through communication, education,
- and volunteer assistance to gain willful compliance of the ordinances it enforces to promote a healthier and safer environment for everyone.
Women, Infants & Children (WIC)
- The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children is funded through the U.S. Department of Agriculture
- and is operated through local health departments and satellite and mobile clinics in Virginia