GCD 2017: How to Participate
Directions for Participating in Global Collaboration Day
Global Collaboration Day is Here!
Students, teachers, and organizations will get online to celebrate global collaboration on September 21st, 2017, as back-to-school season begins in the northern hemisphere. NOTE: Some activities are starting earlier in the week of September 18 and some allow participation at ANY TIME.
On this day (and beyond), experienced global educators and other professionals will design and host connective projects and events and invite public participation. The primary goals of this whole day event are to demonstrate the power of global connectivity in classrooms, schools, institutions of informal learning and universities around the world, and to introduce others to the tools, resources, projects, and networks that are available to educators today.
This is an opportunity for educators new to globally connected teaching and learning to participate in virtual activities designed by more experienced teachers. It's also a great way for educators running ongoing global projects to find project partners!
Step 1 - Register
Step 2 - Find Events
- Go to our site located at http://globalcollaborationday.org. Look at this page and read the step-by-step directions: http://www.globalcollaborationday.org/join-an-event.html.
- Make sure to scroll to the bottom of the page and select your time zone to see a Google calendar in YOUR time zone.
- Click on events to expand the information provided and determine if there are events you and/or your students would like to attend or participate in.
- Note that events at the top of our calendar are all day events and are most likely to be asynchronous projects where you can join in ANYTIME this week.
- Follow the individual host's directions and contact them directly if you have questions.
- You can also see our events in a directory format here: http://www.globalcollaborationday.org/2017-events-listings. Events are searchable and are sorted by various categories to help you refine your choices.
Step 3 - Participate
An optional activity is to share what you are learning on Twitter and other social media. Take pictures, offer comments, list resources and such in your posts and tag them #globaled17.
Step 4 - Follow Up
- We are also hosting the Global Education Fair with virtual exhibits from various global education providers. Drop in and get more info from these leading organizations on taking your class or school global.
- If you would like to connect with global educators and receive updates from the organizers, please join our main community, the Global Education Conference Network.
- Browse recommended resources in this collection from Participate: http://bit.ly/GCDparticipate
- Share reflections and feedback on Twitter using the hashtag #globaled17. Using Participate's Twitter chat tool is an easy way to monitor posts on Twitter: http://bit.ly/GCEparticipatechat