Rain forests are a part of the tropical wet climate group. As of now, they cover 31% of Earth’s land. The temperature ranges from 69 degrees and 92 degrees year round. Although those temperatures sound nice, humidity ranges from 77 to 88%, which is high. 40% of Earth’s oxygen and ¼ of medicines comes from tropical rain forests.
Deforestation in Rain Forests
- Increases Greenhouse Gas emissions
- Disrupts the water cycle
- Increases soil erosion
- Loss of habitat for millions of species
At the rate deforestation is going, rain forests will become extinct within 100 years
80% of the worlds biodiversity is in the rain forest. Many species cannot survive without trees in the rain forest.
Wild fires are an uncontrollable reason for deforestation.
Make Deforestation Illegal
Thursday, Feb. 18th, 12am
Rain forests around the world
- More trees to help produce medicines
- The beauty of the different species of trees
- Provide more habitat for the millions of species in the rain forest
- It would no longer be a rain forest without trees