March 18, 2018
Monday, March 19th
- BJH Tennis at Peaster - 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday, March 20th
- BJH Track meet at Brock High School 3:30 p.m.
Wednesday, March 21st
- 8th-grade Spinal Screenings (information attached)
- College Shirt Day
- World Down Syndrome Day - wear mismatched socks
Thursday, March 22nd
- State Archery Shoot - Belton, TX
- BJH 7th & 8th Band at Cisco Music Fest
- 5th-grade Spinal Screenings (information attached)
- Brock High School Track Meet
- Brock Elementary - Mom/Son Sock Hop 5:30
Friday, March 23rd
- BJH 7th & 8th Band Movie Night
Monday, March 26th
- BJH Tennis vs Burleson at Brock 4:00
Tuesday, March 27th
- BJH Track at Millsap
Wednesday, March 28th
- College Shirt Day
- Personality / Favorites Pictures
Thursday, March 29th
- Museum Field Trip at FBC - Social Studies Classes
- 5th-grade Field Trip to Zoo
- 7th & 8th Band UIL competition - Glen Rose
Friday, March 30th
- No School
Sunday, April 1st
- Easter Sunday
BJH Personalities / Class Representatives
- Brawner: Coty Farmer / Sydney Jackson
- Davis: Adam Mueller / Chloe Whitehead
- Gray: Gavin Garcia / Hannah Jones
- James: Austin Lavender / Maddie Griffith
- Lewis: Gavin Labansat / Landry Roberts
- Shupick: Hudson Gonzalez / Gabby Boedeker
- Class Representatives: Reid Watkins / Taryn Livingston
- Most Friendly: Cole Kester / Zoie Bell
- Most Helpful: Cotton Tanner / Delaney Leonard
- Most Athletic: Sawyer Strosnider / Carson Presti
- Brock Scholar: Jack Carpenter / Ava Wusterhausen
- Class Representatives: Jacob Matzke / Grace Heavyside
- Most Friendly: Adam Boneck / Rainie Hatchett
- Most Helpful: Joel Beauregard / Addison Roberts
- Most Athletic: Chris Palfreeman / Tristan Huddleston
- Brock Scholar: Hayden Baker / Sarah Elders
- Class Representatives: Kutter Wilson / Hallie McPherson
- Most Friendly: Wyatt Underwood / Mica Hughes
- Most Helpful: Cade Harris / Nevaeh Rodriguez
- Most Athletic: Eli Potts / Kaley Leatherwood
- Brock Scholar: Joshua Kelley / Evelynne Metzler
Cheer Tryouts 2018-2019
STAAR Testing Dates
7th grade Writing
5th & 8th grade Math
April 11th - Wednesday
5th & 8th grade Reading
May 7th - 11th
Algebra EOC - testing window - specific day TBD
May 14th - Monday
5th & 8th grade Math retest
6th & 7th grade Math
May 15th - Tuesday
5th & 8th grade Reading retest
6th & 7th grade Reading
May 16th - Wednesday
5th & 8th grade Science
May 17th - Thursday
8th grade History
**Please note that campus will be closed on testing days for all visitors. Plan accordingly for doctor/dentist appointments as students will not be removed from the testing classrooms for dismissal.**
Outdoor Learning Center
Our primary goal of the Eagle Outdoor Learning Center is to enrich the curriculum and support project-based and experiential learning. We are currently in the planning phase of the Eagle Outdoor Learning Center but would welcome any community support to help get this off the ground and to fruition by the start of next school year. Click here for more information or feel free to direct questions/ideas/support to Nancy Beaty @ email@example.com
Dress Code Concerns
There are a few things that need to be specifically addressed that seem to be consistent:
- Boys: The biggest concern we see is boys that have long hair that extends below the eyebrow but they push it to the side so that it is not in front of their eyes. This is not in compliance with the policy. If the hair extends below the eyebrows then it is too long.
- Girls: There are lots of cute tops that are being worn that have large v-neck cuts that are showing the girls undergarments underneath. There should be no undergarment item showing on the young ladies.
The Dress Code Policy has not changed since last year, but if you need to reference it, click here and then scroll to page 37. If you have questions, please let us know.
Armed Forces Display
BJH Grading Policy
- Daily grades = 50%; tests/projects/major grades = 50%
- There will be a minimum of 8-10 daily grades each six weeks.
- There will be a minimum of 2-4 test/project/major grades each six weeks.
- Grades will be posted to parent portal no later than 1 week from the due date of the assignment
- Work missed as a result of an unexcused absence will receive a grade no higher than a 70.
*Individual teacher discretion regarding his/her late work policy.
BJH Lunch Times
5th grade: 10:55 a.m. - 11:25 a.m.
6th grade: 12:30 p.m. - 1;00 p.m.
7th grade: 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
8th grade 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.