Crystal Springs Family Newsletter
Principal Points- November
Below are the results of our Apex Fun Run! We are so thankful for all of the support from each of you. Please take a moment to look at how we did as a school. What a great community Crystal Springs is- thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
Parents + Students + Teachers= Success
Anne Nielsen (Principal)
Every Moment Matters
Every moment matters at Crystal Springs. We are excited to have Parent/ Teacher Conferences coming up. Here are some questions that can help guide your discussion with your child's teacher:
1. Is my child performing on grade level in math and language arts?
2. Are there behaviors you see at school (both good and bad) that you think I might not be seeing at home?
3. What subject area is emerging as my child’s strongest this year? What subject area still needs more progress?
4. I know grades don’t tell the whole story. Is my student giving his or her best effort?
5. How can I encourage age-appropriate accountability at home to support what you are doing in class?
6. What are you observing in regards to my child’s organization skills? How can I encourage them to be more organized without doing it for them?
PBIS at Crystal Springs
Did you know that Crystal Springs is considered a PBIS school? What is PBIS? PBIS stands for Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports. This means that we are working together as a whole school to better support your children by teaching and encouraging respectful, responsible, and safe behaviors. One way that we do this is by teaching “The Roadrunner Way”. Roadrunners are safe, respectful, and responsible. These are the three pillars of our PBIS program.
We have a “Climate Committee” that meets two times per month. This committee is made up of teachers, staff, our school counselor, and administrators. Our mission is to provide a positive, safe, healthy, nurturing and respectful environment in which all students have the opportunity to become productive members of society. We provide this through:
1. Development of clearly defined and consistent student expectations and accountabilities.
2. On-going teaching and modeling of expectations.
3. Educationally sound methods that foster student character, safety, academic excellence and individual citizenship.
As a parent, you can help us by encouraging the same behaviors at home and being involved in your child’s education here at Crystal Springs. We would love to have a parent join our climate committee and attend one meeting per month to collaborate with us as we work together to meet the needs of all children at Crystal Springs. Please email Anne Nielsen at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Closures and Delays
Emergency and weather-related problems can alter school schedules and affect bus transportation for students.
The district uses an automated message system to quickly send alerts to families. In the event of a school or district emergency, the district will contact families and staff using one or more of the following options: phone call, text message, email and/or push notification. In addition, the district will provide emergency information via web postings, recorded information lines and social media postings. Early morning notifications will be sent as early as 6 a.m., if possible.
If no schedule changes are posted, schools and buses are operating on normal schedules.
Notifications will only work if your contact information is current in the student records system. Please update your contact information annually with your student's school. You may also download our mobile app. Instructions are available on our mobile app page.
FIND OUT IMMEDIATELY
Here are ways to find out if schools will be delayed or closed:
- local radio and television stations provide district/school information on a continuing basis beginning around 5 a.m. Since conditions vary from one district to another, it is very important to listen for mention of Northshore School District #417.
- FlashAlert.net - a self subscription to the Puget Sound Emergency Message System
- Our District Home Page
- Northshore School District Information Line (425) 408-6001 (a recorded message line)
- Your school's main phone number, when the voicemail service answers, press option "9"
- Our mobile app
EMERGENCY/INCLEMENT WEATHER MAKE UP DAYS
If emergency/inclement weather school closures occur, make-up days will be added to the end of the school year.
Parents- do you have a minute to thank a staff member?
Bus Lane- please do not use
Upcoming Important Dates!
6th- Early Release- 2:30
8th- Veteran’s Assembly- K, 3, 4- 9:40; 1, 2, 5- 10:25 am
11th- Veteran’s Day- NO SCHOOL
12th- PTA meeting- 7:00 pm
15th- Meet the Renewables assembly for 3rd- 5th- 10:00- 10:45
20th- Sound FC here at lunch recess
20th- Early Release- 2:30
21st- 27th- Conferences- release at 12:40 each day
28th and 29th- NO SCHOOL
Daily Schedule- Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Fri- 9:30-4:00
Collaboration Wednesdays- 9:30- 2:30