Mackenzie, Nick, Adison
Six Steps of Naturalization
1. you must obtain green card status, if you have served in the military you can skip this step.
2. you must live in the US continuously for five years.
3. establish actual residency.
4. you must pass a series of tests.
5. you must understand the constitution and exemplify moral character.
6. you must be at least 18 years old when you file.
Loss of Citizenship
If they obtain citizenship in another country, the previous citizenship becomes void. Conviction of a crime or treason, accepting employment, and entering or serving in the armed forces of another state are also ways to lose citizenship. Citizenship can only be lost voluntarily.
An illegal alien is someone from another country living illegally without citizenship in a foreign country.
A legal alien is a non-citizen that is legally allowed to stay in the country. They receive a visa that allows them to stay in a foreign country for a specific amount of time. These people can do basically anything a citizen can do during their time here.