This year we have no new staff members to announce; however, we do have a few changes in what grades teachers are teaching. Mrs. Kosier (Harmon) has moved from 2nd grade to Kindergarten, and Mrs. Butterfield has moved from 3rd grade to 4th grade.
Additionally, we reorganized the elementary building and many teachers have moved locations. I hope everyone got see the new rooms at Open House.
Another change for this school year is our lunch and recess times. We've changed from 3 lunches to 2, which provides us with several advantages that have made a big impact in our school. So far things have gone well thanks to the tremendous cafeteria and playground monitors that we have in our building!
Important September Dates
- September 4-5 - No School (Labor Day & fair)
- September 12 - Star Reading & Early Literacy Assessments
- September 14 - Star Math Assessments
- September 16 - Harvest & Herb Festival
- September 18 - No School (Staff professional development day)
- September 21 - Board of Education Meeting & Planning (5:30 p.m.)
- September 26 - 2-hour early release
- September 27 - Community Pep Rally (8:00 p.m.)
- September 29 - Homecoming parade and game
Aspiring to Excel in All Areas of the School Experience!
Last year our students and community identified the characteristics that describe the qualities of a Bulldog. Below those characteristics are listed for you to review. Our school is focusing on developing those characteristics through what we call "Community Time." Community time is held once a week in classes where we discuss different characteristics and how to live them out.
Notes from the Office
- Please turn in all beginning of the year forms to your student's teacher ASAP.
- Make every effort to pay school fees as soon as your can.
- For the safety and security of the building, beginning Monday, September 11, parent drop off points for students will be either the foyer or office area. Parents will no longer be permitted to escort students to the classroom.
- ONU is offering free after school tutoring at the ReStore. For more information, visit the Ada Elementary website.