Teresa of Avila
Biography on Teresa of Avila
- Born 1515
- Born in Gotarrendura in the province of Avila
- She spent most of her life in Avila
- She trained as a nun
- Deeply religious
- Cared of personal appearance
- Saw religious visions
- Was very sick for a period of her life
- She was a writer when she wasn't being a nun
- Wrote "El Camino de Perfeccion" and "Meditions on Song of Songs" El Castillo Interior"
- The church was her patron
- Teresa was a lot more in the past ways then the rest.
- She was the opposite of securalism and was also the opposite of scientific naturalism too because of how religious she was.
- Her personality was more in the past era of the middle ages
- She worked on the Medition on Song of Songs.
- It was created in 1567
- You could find her work in libraries
- One of the amazing parts of her works is her amazing devotion to God
- Her books have a very emotional feel to them
- In "Meditions on Song of Songs" there is a lot of her showing emotion and how she feels about religion
- I find this piece interesting because she gives a feeling with her work and its makes it very enjoyable to read