Digital Learning News
December 1, 2015- by the Digital Learning Team
Congratulations to all teachers and students highlighted in the Digital Learning News!
- Tiffany Bingham, 1st grade, ACFT, students use Post It app for learning vocabulary
- Richard Pence, 5th grade, Birdville EL, students created iMovie trailers to demonstrate learning about Energy
- Elizabeth Shier, Music, ACFT, Kahoot! used to assess student learning
- Morgan Martinez, 2nd grade, David E. Smith, through captured video students share ways they are generous during the holiday season
- Julie Herring, Kindergarten, David E. Smith, Plickers used to assess student learning of sight words
- Carrie Chandler, 5th grade, David E. Smith, Kahoot! used to assess student learning of science concepts
- Glenda McComber and Kathy Thomas, 3rd grade, ACFT, Plickers is used to assess student learning of multiplication facts and science concepts
- Rhonda James, PDS, West Birdville, student learning supported with use of bond technology
- Dee Dee HIll, 5th grade, Hardeman EL, students explored the solar system on the iPad using Skyview iOS app
Middle School Spotlights
- Heather Raynsford, ELAR, Watauga MS, SMORE used to organize and link primary text with supporting materials
- Colleen Zitzman, ELAR, Watauga MS, students use Padlet to interact in word work during workstations
- Karen Sanchez, Science, North Richland MS, Plickers used to assess student learning; plus other creative projects!
Spotlight Yourself or Someone at Your Campus
How to Post to the Digital Learning Lounge...
1. Start a new email message.
2. Type email@example.com in the "To" line.
3. Type the Title of your blog post in the "Subject" line of your email.
4. Type what you want to spotlight/share - which will become your actual blog post text - in the body of the email. Note: everything in your email will become part of your post so you may want to edit/delete extra information from your email signature.
5. Attach the images you want to include in your post to your email message.
This can easily be done from a smart phone right in a classroom, so remember to take the time to share digital learning successes with your BISD colleagues through the Digital Learning Lounge!
Join Us for our 15 Day Twitter Challenge!
Before 8 AM each weekday, November 30-December 18, a new question will be posted on @birdville_dl #bisddlp. For 24-hours, we invite you to tweet your responses, review the responses of others, and comment when you read something that you like or want to know more about. We will post a new question each morning and continue Monday-Friday for 3 weeks.
Please use this opportunity to encourage your co-workers and friends to join all of BISD on Twitter. We are one big learning community and benefit from the collective knowledge of all!
Preview all questions below and get ready for an awesome Tweet-a-thon!
Give the Gift of Student Engagement
Project Innovate Information
If you have attended a previous session of Project Innovate training, you can review all information here, including updates on best practices for using your Project Innovate, teacher iPad.
We recently ask for feedback on how Project Innovate iPads are being used and we did receive several responses. Congratulations Laura Lyons - your name was drawn from those who submitted responses! Contact Cheryl McKnight to claim your $10 of free apps!
Let us know how you are using your Project Innovate iPad by clicking here to submit the Google form.
Secondary Digital Learning Update!
Teacher Tool of the Week: Chatzky
Student Tool of the Week: Popplet
Secondary Digital Learning Team
Haltom HS, Haltom MS, Richland MS, North Ridge MS
Birdville HS, BCTAL, Smithfield MS, North Richland MS
Richland HS, Shannon HS, North Oaks MS, Watauga MS
Technology Tip of the Week: TikaTok
App of the Week: StoryKit
StoryKit is a multimedia storytelling mobile app. It allows users to create electronic storybooks and share them with others. StoryKit is a practical tool for teachers. They can use it to create their own storytelling books and share them with their students. It is all free and anyone can use it easily. StoryKit is compatible with iPod touch, iPhone touch, and iPad.
Elementary Digital Learning Team
Birdville~WT Francisco~Binion, Mullendore, Snow Heights, Porter, Spicer
Smithfield, Cheney, Stowe, Watauga, Foster Village, North Ridge, Walker Creek
David E Smith, Richland, West Birdville, Holiday Heights, Hardeman, ACFT, Green Valley