My Dream Job:Mechanical Engineering
By Toby LeFebvre
Education and Training Required
Mechanical Engineering usually requires a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology. In Mechanical Engineering programs, courses in engineering, design, mathematics, and physical and life science are usually involved. Mechanical Engineering Technology programs focus on the application of engineering. An ABET-accredits program degree is usually needed to be able to become a licensed professional engineer. Listening, problem-solving, math, creativity, and mechanical skills are also needed.
The Tasks and Duties of Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical Engineers can have a wide range of duties. They can be responsible for the designing and creation of new machinery, watch over the manufacturing of a machine or device, or analyze machines to make sure they are working smoothly. I want to make crazy awesome stuff like this:
Mechanical Engineer employment is predicted to rise 5% over a period of 10 years, which is about average. The increase of new technology increases the amount of Mechanical Engineers needed.
Areas of Knowledge
Mechanical Engineers need to know a lot in the areas of design, physics, mathematics, mechanical, and engineering and technology.
Skills of a Mechanical Engineer
- Critical Thinking
- Reading Comprehension
- Active Listening
Mechanical Engineers usually do their work in offices. They may however go to worksites to fix any problems or help when things need their attention. Most work full time.
- Photonics Engineers
- Electrical Engineers
- Manufacturing Engineering Technologists
- Electronics Engineers, except computers
- Aerospace Engineers
Reason Why This is My Dream Job
This job will give me a wide range of possibilities to do. I will design and build many things that can help the world around me. I'll also work with others which is something I like to do. I love to create, so this job will be perfect for me.
- In 2014, 1 in 3 Mechanical Engineers worked more than 40 hours a week.
- No on the job training is required to become a Mechanical Engineer.
- Through certain requirements, it is possible to become a licensed professional engineer.
- Mechanical Engineers aid in the design of many things, including many household machines.
- Mechanical Engineers use computers extremely often, so often that their job would be almost impossible to do without them.