Volumen 15, Edicion 1 - Augosto 27, 2021
STUDENTS MAY BE DROPPED OFF NO EARLIER THAN 7:50AM! STAFF WILL GREET STUDENTS AT THE DOORS AT 7:50AM!
Minutos de Sra. Hutchins
Hello Fronteras Families!
Welcome to the new school year! It has been a treat to meet all our new students and Kindergartners! So happy you’re here! For the first few weeks of school, we operate remembering a couple important facts:
· we are all strangers to our Kindergartners and our new students
· Kindergartners and even some new kiddos are learning how to be a student
We show grace and patience as students adjust to their new surroundings, all the new people, and the new schedule. For Kinders, they are not only learning us and a new routine, but they are learning how to share, be kind to others, and to keep their hands & feet to themselves. Do not be alarmed if you receive a phone call or Class Dojo message about your child’s behavior. It is all part of the learning process.
Reminder – school doors open at 7:50am. Student(s) need to remain in your vehicle until 7:50am, as staff is not present until then. Thank you for understanding this important safety measure.
All district schools are required to complete safety drills throughout the school year. Mandatory drills include:
· Monthly fire drills
· Semester ALICE (Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter, Evacuate) drills
· Semester bomb threat/earthquake
After the first fire drill, all remaining drills are unscheduled. This is purposeful, as emergencies do not announce when they are going to happen. Emergencies do not care what the temperature is outside or what the weather is like. Students are not allowed to get their coats from lockers or cubbies during our drill practice. In a true evacuation they would not take the time to do so either. It’s important that we practice the way we will behave. Fronteras has a current Emergency Operations Plan in place that would be activated in case of a real emergency.
Last Friday’s fire drill went super smooth. Some Kindergarten Roll-In families had the privilege of participating. 😊 They rocked it! The entire Kindergarten will experience their first fire drill next month.
We are grateful for your diligence in keeping your kiddos home if exposed to a positive case or showing signs of being ill. As COVID cases continue to rise in the Valley and in our district schools, it is going to take all of us working together to keep our school open and students and staff healthy. Showing patience and understanding with one another is great modeling for our students as well.
Thank you for sharing your children with us! We are a fortunate school!
Have a wonderful weekend!
“The capacity to learn is a gift; the ability to learn is a skill; the willingness to learn is a choice.” - Brian Herbert
Morning Drop-Off Safety Requirements!
- STUDENTS MUST STAY IN PARENT VEHICLE UNTIL STAFF ARE PRESENT AT FRONT DOOR
- VEHICLES MUST PULL ALL THE WAY FORWARD
- PARENTS MAY NOT GET OUT OF VEHICLE AT SIDEWALK – PARK IN THE PARKING LOT INSTEAD
- STUDENTS MUST BE READY TO EXIT VEHICLE AT SIDEWALK – DO NOT DELAY OTHER PARENTS
- SCHOOL DOORS CLOSE AT 8:00AM – STUDENTS MUST RING DOORBELL WHEN ARRIVING AFTER 8:00AM
- PLEASE DRIVE SLOWLY, USE BLINKER WHEN NECESSARY, AND BE AWARE OF SURROUNDINGS
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PROMPT ATTENTION!
You can report an absence using the following in preferred order:
- log into your ParentVUE account using desktop (won't let you report an absence using cell)
- click on blue "Report Absence" button to the right of your student's school photo
- follow prompts
- log into your School Dismissal Manager account using desktop or cell
- click on the day of the week the absence will occur
- create "Exception"
- click on absence
- follow prompts
- email Kami at firstname.lastname@example.org
New Wasilla Bus Times!
The Wasilla bus has new morning pick-up times effective 8/23/21and are as follows:
- Three Bears on KGB-7:10am
- Gas station on Parks/Vine-7:16am
- W. Parks Hwy. in Tummies & Tots parking lot-7:25am
Subway is back! Subway forms went home with students on Thursday, August 26th! Please read the parent letter on the other side of the order form. There will be no salads this year, sorry about the incorrect information.
All forms are due Tuesday, August 31st by 3:00 pm. Orders turned in after that will not be processed! Order forms are also available on the website at www.matsuk12.us/frc If you have any questions please contact Misty Adams at 907-232-8319.
It's time to order your 2021-2022 Fronteras Yearbook! Order by September 30th and receive 10% off!
- Go to www.treering.com/validate
- Enter school passcode: 1014981488732281
Communication is key!
A Word From Our Student Ambassadors!
¡Hola! We are the Fronteras student ambassadors, Kai and Ruth. We would love to share with you some things in the works for this school year. We will be working with the math tutors to put on the first ever Math Bee! We will also be working with the Spanish tutors to offer more advanced Spanish programs for students who are ready to take the next step. Thank you and we can’t wait to see these ideas in action!