March 24, 2020
MDLive Virtual Visits
Employees participating in our benefit plan may contact MDLive virtual doctors who are trained on the latest CDC guidance for providers and can assess symptoms and risk factors to determine appropriate next steps. Visit MDLIVE.com or download the MD Live App to your smartphone or call customer service at 1-888-680-8646. You will need BCBSTX member ID card while registering on MDLive.
Express Scripts - 90 day supply
For specific questions regarding the medications that you take, please consult your pharmacy or go to Express Scripts FAQ's.
Well onTarget Health Kit March - Brain Health
As we age, our brains change along with our mental function.This month’s Health Kit will help in learning information and tools that helps you engage your brain and maintain great function.
Poster: Print and display this month’s poster, “Keep Your Brain Fit". It contains helpful and easy ways to take care of your brain health.
Brain Game: Mental activity is equally important as physical exercise in keeping your brain fit and healthy.
Recipe: Try something new and different for dinner, this month’s recipe is for you.
Coaching Moment:Mental Fitness: This month, Coach Dani challenges you to stay mentally fit.
90 Second Video:Your Brain on Exercise: You know exercise is good for your health, but did you know it’s also good for your brain as well.Watch the short video for more information.
Podcast: Listen to this podcast for three popular myths about the brain and the truth behind them.
New - IN THE SPOTLIGHT! Employee Total Rewards
Check back with us weekly while we promote and highlight the rewards available for Texas A&M University-San Antonio employees, listed in the section below.
Discover Your Total Rewards
- New- Compsych-Coronavirus Resources- The spread of the coronavirus COVID 19 has put everybody on alert. The following toolkit can help keep you informed about the coronavirus, as well as offer guidance on how to remain healthy and deal with the emotional impacts of the outbreak. Coronavirus COVID-19 Digital Toolkit
- Express Scripts Extended Payment Program- ERP allows you to spread your prescription payments over three credit or debit card so you don't have to pay all at once. For more information about the plan use the link below-http://assets.system.tamus.edu/files/benefits/pdf/expressscriptsextendedpaymentprogram.pdf
- Pulmonary Care Value Program - Express Scripts created this program to improve adherence among the nearly 75% of asthma patients who fail to take their medication as directed. It includes: Patients must fill all pulmonary care medication 90-day prescriptions from Walgreens, home delivery or certain local pharmacies. This will promote adherence and improve health. Access to one-on-one support from a team of extensively trained clinicians in ESI's Therapeutic Resource CenterSM (TRC). High Risk patients will be offered monitoring devices to help medication use and maximize their health. When monitoring shows that patients overuse their rescue inhalers or are not adherent to controller medications, pulmonary TRC pharmacists will reach out with individualized support.The Mango Health app, a patient engagement solution that gamifies health and rewards patients for making healthy decisions.
- SaveOn SP - This is an Express Scripts program that lowers the cost of a number of specialty drugs for both the members and the plan by taking advantage of manufacturer assistance programs.The specialty drugs are in specific medication categories such as Hepatitis C, Multiple Sclerosis, Oncology, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and a few others. If you participate in this program, you will have a zero cost for certain specialty medications.The cost of these drugs will not count towards the annual out-of-pocket maximum, and plan members must use the Accredo specialty pharmacy for all specialty fills. If you have any questions or concerns, please Contact: 1-800-683-1074 Monday – Thursday 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Central and Friday 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Central.
- Diabetes Patient Assurance Plan - A&M System and Express Scripts have partnered to bring down the cost of preferred insulin products for you and your family members living with diabetes. For more information about the plan, Contact: 1-866-544-6970, Online: https://www.tamus.edu/business/diabetes-patient-assurance-plan/
- Vaccinations- One of the best ways to avoid the flu and related complications is to get a flu shot. You can now receive vaccines administered at your local retail pharmacy, covered at 100% through your A&M System prescription drug. To get more information on how to locate a participating pharmacy and details about vaccinations, please click the link below: https://www.tamus.edu/business/its-easier-than-ever-to-get-vaccinated-for-the-flu-and-other-illnesses/.
- Compysch Guidance Resources - The A&M System is pleased to offer Work/Life Solutions to both employees and retirees to promote a healthy work life balance.Services include counseling, childcare topics, concierge services for home repair, education and housing needs, in-house financial guidance by CPAs, CFPs, and referrals to financial advisors in your area, legal advice on divorce, adoption, estate planning, and real estate, eldercare, and more. Contact: 866.301.9623 Online: guidanceresources.com App: GuidanceNow Web ID: TAMUS
Monthly New Hire Announcements
Please welcome our new staff member(s) joining our university.
- Mr. John McAvoy, Admissions Counselor III - March 2, 2020
- Ms. Maggie Pena, Admissions Specialist II - March 2, 2020
- Ms. Anna Romskog, Development Officer II - March 2, 2020
- Mr. Clay Britt, Field Service Technician II - March 3, 2020
- Mr. Matthew Zeringue, Manager, Creative - March 9, 2020
- Mr. Lukas Green, International Program Advisor - March 9, 2020
- Ms. Amanda Faz, Administrative Associate I - March 16, 2020
- Ms. Sarah Wanat, Administrative Associate V - March 16, 2020
- Ms. Amy Castelar, Financial Aid Advisor II - March 17, 2020
- Ms. Alana Crawford, Senior Enterprise Systems Developer - March 18, 2020
- Ms. Edna Roldan, Financial Specialist I - March 25, 2020
- Ms. Jacquelin Johnson, Administrative Associate IV - March 25, 2020
Contact Us-We are Here for YOU!
Martha Gonzalez Chief Human Resources Officer Martha.Gonzalez@tamusa.edu (210) 784-2059
Patti Morgan Manager, Compensation & Recruitment Patricia.Morgan@tamusa.edu (210) 784-2054
Francy Leal Benefits Manager, & Wellness Champion Francy.Leal@tamusa.edu (210) 784-2051
Deepshikha Vyas Human Resources Generalist-Benefits Deepshikha.Vyas@tamusa.edu (210) 784-2057
Christina Gomez Human Resources Generalist-Employment Christina.Gomez@tamusa.edu (210) 784-2053
Gloria Diaz Administrative Assistant IV Gloria.Diaz@tamusa.edu (210) 784-2058
Janice Parten Campus Title IX Coordinator / Professional Development Administrator Janice.Parten@tamusa.edu