Seale 8th Grade ELA
Building Background Knowledge
Research to Build Background Knowledge
Standard 8.23: Students determine, locate, and explore the full range of relevant sources addressing a research topic and systematically record the information they gather.
World War II
Concentration / Death Camps
Judaism / Anti-Semitism
People of the Holocaust: Oscar Schindler, Joseph Mengele, Adolph Hitler, Joseph Goebbels
Use the following links as your internet sources for this research. Remember to cite your sources! When looking at websites, make sure to find and write down the name of the reviewer or author!
Night by Elie Wiesel
- pages 1-15 by Monday January 11th
- pages 16- 30 by Tuesday January 12th
- pages 31-44 by Wednesday January 13th
- pages 45-62 by Thursday, January 14th
- pages 63-76 by Friday, January 15th
- pages 77-98 by Tuesday, January 19th
- pages 99-109 by Wednesday, January 20th (finish the book)
Assignments for Night
10 entries must be added to this journal by Friday, January 22nd. This will be a major grade assignment.
Students will also complete Questions of the Day in class to demonstrate that they are keeping up with the reading and understanding it.
Homework for Night
Mrs. Seale will have to approve your response before it can be seen so make sure you are fully answering the question and sticking to the topic (no funny business)
Click on the link below to find your class Padlet