April 22, 2018
Monday, April 23rd
- BJH Tennis Vs. Tison @ Weatherford 9th grade Center
Tuesday, April 24th
- Teen 101 class Presenter - Alcohol Awareness Month (see details attached)
Wednesday, April 25th
- Immunization Clinic at BHS (see details below)
- Kindness Matters Shirt
- 8th-grade computer class Presenter - Alchohol Awareness Month (see details attached)
Thursday, April 26th
- Blood Drive at BHS Library 8 a.m. 3 p.m.
- 6th grade Band Instrument Drive @ BJH 5:30-7:30
- BJH Theater Performance of "Magical Land of Oz" 7:00 p.m. at BJH
Friday, April 27th
- BJH Theater Performance of "Magical Land of Oz" at BJH 2:00 p.m.
Monday, April 30th
- Current Freshmen Parent Meeting BHS Lecture Hall 5:30 p.m.
Tuesday, May 1st
- Coronation at BHS 7:30
- Concussion Baseline Testing incoming 7th, 8th, 9th graders in athletics (see details below)
Wednesday, May 2nd
- Fine Arts Festival at BHS
- Incoming Freshmen Parent Meeting BHS Lecture Hall 5:30 p.m.
- Physicals at BHS Field House from 4 p.m. -6 p.m. $10 required for incoming 7th, 9th, 11th graders to participate in athletics 2018-2019
Friday, May 4th
- No School - Bad Weather Day - Student/Staff Holiday
May 7th - May 11th - Teacher / Nurse Appreciation Week
Monday, May 7th
- Ag Banquet BHS
Tuesday, May 8th
- 8th-grade Algebra EOC - campus closed
- Spring Athletic Banquet BHS
Wednesday, May 10th
- Archery qualifiers compete at Nationals
- Spring Band Concert
Saturday, May 12th
- Brock Livestock Show
Monday, May 14th - campus closed
- 5th & 8th Math STAAR retest
- 6th & 7th STAAR Math
Tuesday, May 15th - campus closed
- 5th & 8th STAAR Reading retest
- 6th & 7th STAAR Reading
- Academic Banquet BHS
Wednesday, May 16th - campus closed
- 5th & 8th STAAR Science
Thursday, May 17th - campus closed
- 8th STAAR History
- Band Instrument Drive - 5:30 p.m.
Friday, May 18th
- 8th-grade Awards 1:30
Monday, May 21 - 24th
- 8th-grade Washington Trip
Monday, May 21st
- Waterpark Festival - BJH Band
- 5th-grade Awards 2:00 p.m.
Wednesday, May 23rd
- 6th-grade awards 9:00 a.m.
- 7th-grade awards 9:45 a.m.
- Final exam 7th period (click here for exam schedule)
Thursday, May 24th - noon release
- Final Exams 1st, 2nd, 3rd period
Friday, May 25th - noon release - last day of school
- Final Exams 4th, 5th, and 6th period
- Graduation BHS 7:00 p.m.
Required 7th grade Immunizations
Meningococcal Vaccine – one dose
Tdap – one dose within the last five (5) years
Varicella – two doses on or after the first birthday one month apart or voucher for disease
Hepatitis A- 2 doses (Recommended)
Visit www.immunizetexas.org for more information.
There will be a free immunization clinic that will be offered April 25th at BJH. Attached here is a consent form that can be filled out in order for your child to receive these required vaccines.
If you are unsure if your child needs these particular vaccines, please contact Melissa Burden at email@example.com and she can get you a list of your child's current vaccinations.
Concussion Baseline Testing
On May 1, 2018, Brock ISD will be conducting Mass Baseline Concussion tests in the Brock High School field house. This will be for incoming 7th, 8th and 9th graders participating in athletics next year. This is a required test by the UIL and will take no longer than an hour per athlete. The times are as follows:
Incoming 7th graders: 3:30pm
Incoming 8th graders: 5:15pm
Incoming 9th graders: 6:30pm
Please feel free to contact Brock ISD Head Trainer Samantha Burton at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
If your athlete has already completed this baseline test, please let Samantha know via e-mail so that she knows.
Brock FFA Stock Show Information
It’s that time of the year to begin preparing for the Parker County Stock Show. This year's County Show dates will be
June 4th through 9th.
Junior FFA Membership 1st Grade- 8th Grade students
All stock show participants must be a member of a FFA or 4-H club. Brock Students not in high school must pay their Jr. FFA membership $5.00 dues, and complete the Jr. FFA Membership Form.
Brock Livestock Show Entry
The Brock Livestock Show will be held on Saturday, May 12th, at the Brock FFA Livestock Barn. This local show gives are students and their animal a great opportunity to practice before the County Show. That day we will have an Auction to raise money for scholarships and Add-on money for our students. Anyone wanting to help with Brock Livestock Show Sponsorships please contact the Ag Teachers. The form below will serve as the entry. Please complete the form for each student participating. The cost is only $10.00 per student, no matter how many animals you bring to show.
Important Dates to know:
Brock Livestock Show- May 12th
If you have any questions, you can contact us via email.
Mark Sullivan email@example.com
Kyle Holton firstname.lastname@example.org
BYA Sign Ups
- April 28th 9 a.m. -1p.m.
- May 2nd 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- May 12th 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Email BYA at: email@example.com
Follow BYA on Facebook: BROCK Youth Football
STAAR Testing Dates
May 8th - Tuesday
May 14th - Monday
5th & 8th grade Math retest
6th & 7th grade Math
May 15th - Tuesday
5th & 8th grade Reading retest
6th & 7th grade Reading
May 16th - Wednesday
5th & 8th grade Science
May 17th - Thursday
8th grade History
**Please note that campus will be closed on testing days for all visitors. Plan accordingly for doctor/dentist appointments as students will not be removed from the testing classrooms for dismissal.**
Outdoor Learning Center
Our primary goal of the Eagle Outdoor Learning Center is to enrich the curriculum and support project-based and experiential learning. We are currently in the planning phase of the Eagle Outdoor Learning Center but would welcome any community support to help get this off the ground and to fruition by the start of next school year. Click here for more information or feel free to direct questions/ideas/support to Nancy Beaty @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Dress Code Concerns
There are a few things that need to be specifically addressed that seem to be consistent:
- Boys: The biggest concern we see is boys that have long hair that extends below the eyebrow but they push it to the side so that it is not in front of their eyes. This is not in compliance with the policy. If the hair extends below the eyebrows then it is too long.
- Girls: There are lots of cute tops that are being worn that have large v-neck cuts that are showing the girls undergarments underneath. There should be no undergarment item showing on the young ladies.
The Dress Code Policy has not changed since last year, but if you need to reference it, click here and then scroll to page 37. If you have questions, please let us know.
Armed Forces Display
BJH Grading Policy
- Daily grades = 50%; tests/projects/major grades = 50%
- There will be a minimum of 8-10 daily grades each six weeks.
- There will be a minimum of 2-4 test/project/major grades each six weeks.
- Grades will be posted to parent portal no later than 1 week from the due date of the assignment
- Work missed as a result of an unexcused absence will receive a grade no higher than a 70.
*Individual teacher discretion regarding his/her late work policy.
BJH Lunch Times
5th grade: 10:55 a.m. - 11:25 a.m.
6th grade: 12:30 p.m. - 1;00 p.m.
7th grade: 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
8th grade 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.