OJR School Board Meeting Highlights
The following is a summary of the 2/26/18 meeting.
Mr. Frees was honored at the Board Meeting with a Resolution of Tribute. Representative Tim Hennessey was in attendance to present Mrs. Frees and their daughter offers of condolences from his office, from Senator John Rafferty and Representative Costello.
New School Board Director
- Middle School Art Teacher, Lisa Duffy, was honored for being selected by the Pennsylvania Art Association Education Association for their Art Room of the Month.
- Congratulations to the following teachers for being selected as a 2018 OJR Keystone Innovator:
East Coventry Elementary: Michelle Romaniello
East Vincent Elementary: Danielle Rapp
French Creek Elementary: Christa Jones
North Coventry Elementary: Katherine Bell
West Vincent Elementary: Lindsay Cooney
OJR Middle School: Shane Neiffer
OJR High School: Jon Yoder
- Students from East Vincent Elementary, North Coventry Elementary, West Vincent Elementary and the Middle School were honored for qualifying to compete at the Chester County Spelling Bee.
- Students from every building in the District were honored for qualifying for the Chester County Science Research Competition.
- Students from East Coventry and North Coventry Elementary Schools were honored for qualifying for Penn FLL Championship Tournament.
For a complete listing of students honored, please see the Board Agenda.
Special thanks to all the advisors to these teams for their time and dedication.
Middle School Students Advancing..
to the Chester County Science Research Competition.
The Pipeline Pioneers
East Vincent Elementary School FLL/Robotics Team
The Watery Wizards of Oz
North Coventry Elementary School FLL/Robotics Team
Upcoming Student Out of State/ Overnight Trips
- The High School German classes will travel to NYC on April 19, 2018 to visit the Neues Galerie and the NYC Holocaust Museum.
Welcome to the District!
- Captain Craig Armstrong - NJROTC Instructor effective December 18, 2017.
- Brad Bentman - Principal, North Coventry Elementary School effective May 1, 2018.
- Veronica Cousens - transfer from Central Registration/IEP Scheduler to Administrative Specialist for the Technology Department effective February 12, 2018.
- Rosella Harper - Custodian at French Creek Elementary effective February 27, 2018.
- Kara Rogacki - Paraprofessional at East Vincent Elementary effective February 20, 2018.
Changes to Board Policy
The following policies were presented to the Board for first reading as recommended by the Legislative and Policy Committee from the February 5, 2018 meeting.
- Policy 103 - Nondiscrimination in School and Classroom Practices
- Policy 103.1-Nondiscrimination- Qualified Students with Disabilities
- Policy 122 - Extracurricular Activities
- Policy 150 - Comparability of Services- New Policy
- Policy 808 - Food Services
For a complete listing of Board Policies/Regulations, please visit BoardDocs.
- The 2018-19 School Calendar has been approved. School will begin on August 27, 2018. To view the entire calendar, please visit the District website or click here.
- The 2018 summer programs including Academic Jump Start, Kinder Camp and Summer Enrichment were approved.
OJRSD School Board Agenda & Meeting Video
Next Board of School Directors Meeting
Monday, March 19th, 7pm
981 Ridge Road
In March the School Board will be recognizing students who have advanced to Regional Competitions in band, chorus, orchestra along with any winter sports teams who won the PAC Championship or are advancing to State Competitions.