Getting Your Exercise
Socorro Ortiz & Jesus Delgado
Why is exercise important?
Exercise can improve a person's health and reduce the risk of developing several diseases like diabetes, cancer and others. Physical activity is important because it provides great health benefits that work while doing so and after doing so, in long periods of time, for example when a person spends at least 60 minutes a day exercising they have a greater chance of being healthier once they grow old. Regular physical activity can improve a person's quality of life in many ways.
One out of four adults don't exercise. This is a problem we need to resolve,in this presentation we will be helping you out by giving you some tips on when and where to exercise when you don't have time to go to a gym.
Ways to exercise at home
- wake up early before going to work to do some stretches or some jumping jacks, this will not only wake you up but it can serve as at least five minutes of your 60 minute required daily workout.
- If you have children you can knock down some of your 60 minute workout requirement by playing with them when you get home from work. Go outside with them and play tag, soccer, basketball or any other fun sport or game they like. It'll benefit the both of you.
- Do squats in the shower.
- YouTube short workouts you can do before going to bed.
- Park as far as you can from work.
- Jog in place when watching TV & commercials come on.