The Weekly Update #4 8/21
August 7th, 2023
Weekly News (Week of August 21st)
Principal Nelson's Thoughts
Need to Know
- We conducted a mandatory state safety drill today where we discussed with students what we would do in the event of a dangerous person being in the building. We did not do any frightening simulations.
- Club signups will open on August 29th in SchoolPay. Clubs will begin the week of September 11th.
- There will be house pep rallies for each house on the 25th. Students are encouraged to wear their house colors. Click the table of contents or scroll for more details.
- Is your child interested in joining the Girl's Lambert Feeder Basketball Program? Check out the flyer below!
- All ice cream birthday orders must be placed in SchoolPay no later than 4pm on the Thursday before the week you would like to celebrate the birthday.
- You can begin adding money to SchoolPay for individual Ice Cream on August 21st. We will start distributing individual Ice Cream in the cafeteria during the week of September 5th. on Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Lunch visits with students will begin the week of September 4th. Please click the table of contents or scroll for more details.
- Curriculum nights are a great opportunity to get to know teachers better and gain a greater understanding about the curriculum and the way classes run. Please save the dates below!
- All visitors must check-in through the front desk and have a license or passport to be able to access the building. Visitors must have a scheduled appointment to visit a classroom.
- If you have a need for a school provided Chromebook at home, please fill out this form. Pick-up dates will be communicated via email.
- Past newsletters are archived on our school website and can be found here
Need to do
- Please check your child's MyPaymentsPlus account to ensure that they have sufficient lunch funds for the week.
- We would love to share your culture with our students and staff! Please help us with our "Where in the World" segment on the live morning news each week by filling out this form.
- Plan some family bonding time for Family Connect Night. Please save the date below!
- Fill out the Application for Free and Reduced Lunch
- Sign-up for SchoolPay as Mypayments plus will only be used for lunch this school year.
- Let's Connect........on Instagram! We keep you up-to-date on what's going on so you never miss a date or a deadline. @sharonelempto
- Volunteer Role Spotlight: New Families Liaison -Want to help make that transition a tiny bit less stressful for new families that join Sharon during the school year? Click the table of contents or scroll for more details.
THANK YOU Legacy Donors! -A very special, sincere, exuberant THANK YOU to our Legacy Donor Families this year! Click the table of contents or scroll for more details.
Spirit Wear -Kid's spirit wear will be available to purchase at Curriculum Night. Adult Spirit Wear Is Available for a little longer on line, CLICK HERE to order.
Upcoming PTO Dates
Room Mom Meeting
August 24th @ 9:30 at the school
Counseling and Castle Updates
- 21-Author Visit: Marc Tyler Nobleman (3rd-5th Grades)
- 21-1, 3, 5 Curriculum Night (6:00-7:30)
- 22-New Student Breakfast (Grades 3-5)
- 22-K, 2, 4 Curriculum Night (6:00-7:30)
- 23-Family Connect Night
- 24 -Room Mom Meeting (MPR)
- 25- House Color Pep Rally
- 29- Parents can sign up for clubs
- 29-Boy Scout Recruitment Event 6:30 pm in cafe
- 31-Fire Safety (Kindergarten)
- 9/1-Early Release (Teacher PD)
Click to see our School Calendar for more dates throughout the year!
⭐ Shining Knights ⭐
The Gutenberg Family
The Gutenberg Family kicked off our birthday celebrations this week! Let the good times roll.
Ms. Adams handed out Ice Cream at her daughter's birthday celebration in the cafeteria. The celebration brought a lot of smiles and extra energy for the remainder of the day.
House Cup Kickoff
There will be house pep rallies for each house on the 25th. Students are encouraged to wear their house colors. Each classroom belongs to one of the five Houses: House of Courage, House Emerald, House of Gold, House of Draconem, or House of Ignis. Students have opportunities to help their class earn house points for things such as Walk to School Days, displaying appropriate lunch behavior, and checking out books from the library. At the end of each month, homerooms will compete in small, house competitions to earn points for their house. At the end of the year, the students will have a school-wide celebration day with their House. You can purchase a House color shirt for your student(s) here: https://sharonhouse.itemorder.com
Lunch Visits with Students
We are excited to accommodate parents wanting to each lunch with their children! In an attempt to extend greater flexibility to parents, no sign up is required to eat lunch with your child. For safety you must check in at the front desk and all guests must show a license or passport to gain entry and wear their visitor badge for the duration of their visit. Parents and students will be able to eat at the tables behind the rear stairwell as well as the adjacent Multipurpose Room for overflow seating when it's not in use for classroom transformations. To make sure we have enough seating, we ask that you limit your visits to no more than once per week so that there is room for all. For safety and to protect the integrity of instructional time in classes, please do not leave the designated eating areas during your visit and do not drop by to visit any classrooms as all classroom visits must be arranged prior with the teacher. Finally, please bring your child back to the cafe before the end of their lunch for teacher pick up. We can't wait to see you!
Volunteer Role Spotlight: New Families Liaison
Want to help make that transition a tiny bit less stressful for new families that join Sharon during the school year? Then this is the volunteer role for you. CLICK HERE to learn more this and other opportunities, or CLICK HERE to get more info about volunteering.
THANK YOU Legacy Donors!
A very special, sincere, exuberant THANK YOU to our Legacy Donor Families this year! We are so grateful for your generous support of our goals for Sharon.
Welcome Sharon Knights! School is getting in the groove and we are here to help! Our main focus now is helping student’s adjust to the new year. Here is a great resource as you adjust with this transition. Please let us know if we can support your students in any way. We will be kicking off our 7 Mindsets on Tuesday, September 5th, with "Everything is Possible". We will also have our annual 7 Mindsets Night, Thursday, September 21st so mark your calendars. More details to come!