The University of Flordia
Application for Admission
Freshman Applicants:Applicants must complete the entire application, including the essay and resume sections. No submission of paper material is permitted.
Freshman Entrance Requirements
- Graduation from a regionally accredited or state-approved secondary school or the equivalent (G.E.D., etc.).
- Sixteen academic units, distributed as follows:
- English (with substantial writing) - 4 years
- Mathematics (Algebra 1, Formal Geometry, Algebra 2) - 4 years
- Natural Sciences (two units must include laboratory) - 3 years
- Social Sciences - 3 years
- Foreign Language (must be sequential) - 2 years
- A cumulative C average in the academic core, as computed by the university, at all institutions attended, including both high school and college.
- Students taking dual enrollment courses must present a minimum 2.0 GPA at every institution attended.
- A record of good conduct. Major or continuing difficulty with school or other officials may render an applicant ineligible regardless of academic qualifications.
- At least the minimum score in each section of the SAT: Critical Reading= 460, Mathematics=460 and Writing= 440. Effective with the 2009 entering class, the university will begin considering the writing portion of the SAT.
- On the ACT with Writing, a minimum score of 19 on the Reading section, 19 on the Mathematics section, and 18 on the English/Writing section.
- All applicants must submit the SAT or the ACT with Writing test. While UF cannot mix scores from old and new tests, the university will accept the highest subscores from the SAT if you took the test multiple times. The university cannot mix or combine any ACT subscores.