151-172 Maria Rodriguez April 16th
A random commercial with a bible quote used in satire in it comes up.
The Real Thing: The rest of the chapter is spent talking about Coca-Cola and the offer they are making to the kids. Violet gets bullied so they leave and at that point violet tells Titus about her malfunction.
- The difference in the value and importance of money from todays society
- "I saw khakis that were really cheap, only $150,"(Anderson 151).
- How the corporations and advertisements have so much power to the point where they are controlling the thoughts of the kids
Cultural Studies Viewpoint
- Trends of how fast society changes the idea of what is "New" and in "style"
- "It's Riot Gear. It's retro. It's beat up to look like on of the big twentieth- century riots. It's been big since earlier this week"(Anderson 159).
- How it is wrong to use large words, they are known as weird or stupid
- "Oh, sorry. I thought it was good to use stupid, long words that no one can understand"(Anderson 164).
- "Well, maybe you shouldn't, you know, show off like that…like the way you do sometimes. Using weird words"(Anderson 167).
- "But the problem is, if you get the feed after you're fully formed, it doesn't fit as snugly. I mean the feedware"(Anderson 170).
- "Sometimes feed errors are fatal"(Anderson 170).