AP NEWS YOU CAN USE
Week of February 8 - February 12
“In recognizing the humanity of our fellow beings, we pay ourselves the highest tribute.”
—Thurgood Marshall, first African American U.S. Supreme Court member
NEWS YOU CAN USE
Severe Weather Drill
Our Severe Weather Drill is scheduled for Monday, Feb 8 around 9:10 am.
Ms. Goodman will be here on Monday, February 29 from 10:00 - 12:00.
Early Release Conferences
As you are scheduling your parent conferences, please DO NOT schedule conferences after 4:30 on FRIDAY, FEB 26th.
*Conferences should not be scheduled after 6:00 on Feb 24th and 25th.
Brief observations will continue in February.**Be sure to review the LSPI Implementation plan below for AKS/CQI Model.
Character Ed Students: We will have captains next week!
February trait = ACCEPTANCE
- Reference the trait of the month and how your student representative exemplifies that trait when emailing your grade level AP.
- Please remember to send these names. We would hate for a class to miss this opportunity for recognition!!
- For our weekly student recognition, the earlier the better when submitting names to your grade level AP.
- Also, if you would like to personally write the postcard for your student please let Stacy and I know. We will need it back by Friday morning.
Pharr Superstars of The Month
Please submit your names by 2/19/16.
- 3rd 9 weeks window opens 2/29. We will test in March towards the end of the window.
- The test review period opens 2 weeks prior to the window which will fall on or around 2/15.
- All content areas will be online WITH THE EXCEPTION of Math.
- ACCESS testing of ESOL students is under way and everything is going smoothly. Thank you for your patience as we get this completed.
- Pam Freeman sends out her schedule weekly.
WE ARE ALMOST DONE!!
5 Tips for Effective Data Teams
- Laugh and cheer!
- Go beyond test scores
- Data trumps opinion
- Focus on next steps
- Create time for reflection
- BEGIN using the Achievement Level Descriptors to guide planning sessions in Grades 3 - 5.
Please visit the Pharr ES Training Page to access links to important GMAS resources.
Please try to give out at least 5 stamps per day to students in your class as well as others.
Please revisit the RAMS statement often and use this verbiage when complimenting students. For example:
"Thank you so much for accepting responsibility for your actions by standing in line quietly."