Welcome to Rowan County!
"A County Committed to Excellence"
About Rowan County
- Rowan County is located in the peidmont region of North Carolina.
- Founded in 1753
- Rowan County's got it's name from Matthew Rowan who was the governor of North Carolina at the time.
- 5 members on the Board of Commissioners
- County Manager: Aaron Church
- County Seat: Salisbury
- 3 Members on Town Council
- Town Manager: Micheal Bitzer
- Mayor: Paul Woodson
- Salisbury is known for the Downtown Shopping "Best in the state!" and Eagle Point Nature Reserves Major Park and Nature Preserve.
Things to Do and Places to Go
- Natural Landmarks: High Rock Lake and Yadkin River
- Tourist Attractions: Dunn's Mountian Park and Eagle Point Nature Reserve
- Surrounding Counties: Cabarrus, Davidson, Davie, Iredell, and Stanly