Week of October 24th
Only you can control your future. Dr. Seuss
Upcoming Events & Reminders
Book Fair - Oct. 10-13
The book fair will be at GQES this week, Mon.-Thurs. Information about the book fair was shared through Peachjar, and teachers also sent home flyers last week. On Thurs, Oct. 13, the book fair will be open to families until 6pm. Students who bring money to school can visit the book fair during school hours, as permitted by their teachers. Students will also be able to shop the book fair before or after school IF A PARENT IS WITH THEM (7:05 to 7:30; 2:30 to 3:00).
1) Charge iPads fully, to 100%, each night.
2) Bring iPads back to school each day.
3) Do not take iPad out of the case.
4) No food or liquids around the iPad.
5) If the iPad needs troubleshooting, please wait until returning to school for help.
6) Bring earbuds or Headphones daily.
What we're learning
3NBT. Fluently add and subtract multi-digit whole numbers using the standard algorithm.--through Wednesday
3MD1. Tell and write time to the nearest minute and measure time intervals in minutes.--starting Thursday
"I Can" Statement:
I can use different strategies to solve subtraction problems including one and two step word problems.
I can tell time to the minute.
What will we learn? This week, we will solve one and two step word problems using addition and subtraction with digits up to 999. This includes addition with regrouping, subtracting with regrouping, and subtraction across zeros.
Starting Thursday we will identify time to the nearest minute such as 3:32.
IXL Standards: D.1, D.3, D.4 & D.5
T.1 - T.5
Example: Debby bought two coloring books. One had 115 pictures and the other had 133. After one week she had already colored 218 of the pictures. How many pictures does she still have to color?
Check out these great videos!
RI 3.5Use text features and search tools to locate information relevant to a given topic efficiently. --through Wednesday
RL3.4, RI3.4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, distinguishing literal from nonliteral language.--starting Thursday
"I Can" Statement:
I can identify and use text features to help me understand what I read.
I can ask and answer questions about a text.
I can identify and use adjectives in writing.
I can identify the meaning of an unknown word using different strategies.
What will we learn? Students will use various strategies to identify the connections between pictures and text in fiction and nonfiction texts. They will ask and answer questions while reading different texts. They will also work on identifying adjectives. On Thursday, we will begin determining the meaning of words and phrases as used in text.
C O N T A C T
- Mrs. Eury: email@example.com
- Phone - 704-279-2154 (Extension 356412)
- Miss. Phillips: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone - 704-279-2154 (Extension 356411)
- Mrs. Gray: email@example.com
- Phone - 704-279-2154 (Extension 356410)
- Ms. Cuthbertson: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone - 704-279-2154 (Extension 356409)
- Ms. Corl: email@example.com
- Phone - 704-279-2154 (Extension 356408)