Capital High School Newsletter
2. Seniors and Juniors will attend school virtually on 1/26. Please check with Teachers for assignments and/or tasks for that day.
3. Buses will pick up Sophomores at normal times in the morning, buses will leave Capital at 1:00 pm in the afternoon.
4. Sophomores please bring:
c.*Calculator (they can check one out in the book room if necessary)
d.*Picture ID (not required) but is nice for them to bring.
e.Testing begins at 8 a.m. and ends around 11:30.
f. NO DTECH classes!
g. Breakfast and lunch will be served.
GOLD/SILVER SCHEDULE STARTING ON 1/19 (gold) & 1/20 (silver)
All Students Virtual on Mondays (late start)
- Gold Students In-person at Capital Tuesdays & Thursdays
- Silver Students In-person at Capital on Wednesdays & Fridays
REMINDERS FOR RETURNING TO SCHOOL
What Students Need on Day 1:
○ Masks must be worn at all times. We highly encourage you to bring your own masks, although we do have some available.
○ Bring your device/Chromebook.
○ We have hand sanitizing stations, but it might also be a good idea to bring your own personal sanitizer to keep with you throughout the day.
○ Backpack, no lockers unless given approval by the assistant principals
○ Water Bottle, drinking fountains only have filling stations
● Be Safe: Our ability to stay in school and participate in activities depends on all of us.
○ Wear a mask at all times except when eating in designated areas
○ If you carpool with someone you don’t live with wear a mask and roll your windows down
○ Practice social distancing when off campus
○ Don’t share masks
○ Wear a clean mask every day
Senior Pictures and New Student/Retakes on 1/19 (gold) & 1/20 (silver)
Here is the latest information about senior photos, including how to upload your own photo. Seniors have 4 different options for their senior photo this year:
Use photo Dorian took in the fall as a senior photo
Use photo by Dorian taken in their studio
Take senior photo January 19 or 20 at Capital dressed up in own attire (expectation is student will be dressed up), or a drape/tux provided by Dorian (a fogger will be used to sanitize each drape and tux before use)
Use a senior photo taken by an independent photographer and submit it to the yearbook staff. Pictures need to be submitted in a JPEG, TIFF, or PNG file in vertical format. Please provide high resolution images. If uploading a senior portrait or any other type of portrait, please use JPEG file format. Do NOT use a TIFF or PNG file for a portrait upload. Independent photos need to be submitted by March 19.
All pictures printed in the yearbook must have the student in proper attire.
No hats allowed.
No type of commercial advertising may be worn.
No low cut shirts.
Keep in mind what would be school appropriate.
To upload your senior photos go to www.images.jostens.com and enter code: 415633979
We highly encourage you to use the online Capital store to pay for all items. Click here to go to the Capital Online Store.
ITEMS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE FOR 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR
Activity Card $30.00 - All Student Athletes are required to purchase an Activity Card.
Parking Permit $15.00 (Please bring: car registration, drivers license, car insurance and parking permit receipt to the Book Room)
CAPITAL'S PHONE NUMBERS
Main Office 854-4490
Counseling Office 854-4499
Attendance Office 854-4493
Attendance office PTL Line 854-4494
Before participating in any practice or game, student-athletes must complete the required documents required by the Boise School District and the Idaho High School Activities Association. Please click on button for more information
It is required that all students complete a History and Physical examination prior to his/her first 9th and 11th grade practice in the interscholastic (9-12) athletic program in the State of Idaho. Please click on button for more information.
Baseball - Coach Chandler - firstname.lastname@example.org
Softball - Coach Alder - email@example.com
Track - Coach Stith - firstname.lastname@example.org
Tennis - Coach Fuller- email@example.com