Hunger & Poverty
Every 3.6 seconds someone dies from hunger. 75% of these are children.
The most recent statistics show that in 2014
- 46.7 million people were in poverty
- 4.6 million seniors 65 and older were in poverty.
- 15.5 million were children under the age of 18.
- 48.1 million Americans lived in food-insecure households
- More than 15 million were children.
- 72 percent of all Feeding America client households live at or below 100 percent of the federal poverty line.
- 14% of households were food insecure.