Stop Bullying ! (:
"Courage Is Fire , And Bullying Is Smoke"
Bully Facts & Statics .
- 1 in 7 Students in Grades K-12 is either a bully or a victim of bullying.
-15% of all school absenteeism is directly related to fears of being bullied at school.
-282,000 students are physically attacked in secondary schools each month.
- 87% of students said shootings are motivated by a desire to “get back at those who have hurt them.”
- According to bullying statistics, 1 out of every 10 students who drops out of school does so because of repeated bullying.
- 86% of students said, “other kids picking on them, making fun of them or bullying them” causes teenagers to turn to lethal violence in the schools.
Types Of Bullying .
• Physical – hitting, kicking, pinching, punching, scratching, spitting or any other form of physical attack. Damage to or taking someone else’s belongings may also constitute as physical bullying.
• Verbal – name calling, insulting, making racist, sexist or homophobic jokes, remarks or teasing, using sexually suggestive or abusive language, offensive remarks
• Indirect – spreading nasty stories about someone, exclusion from social groups, being made the subject of malicious rumours, sending abusive mail, and email and text messages (cyber bullying).
• Cyber Bullying - any type of bullying that is carried out by electronic medium. There are 7 types including:
1. Text message bullying
2. Picture/video clip bullying via mobile phone cameras
3. Phone call bullying via mobile phones
4. E-mail bullying
5. Chat-room bullying
6. Bullying through instant messaging (IM)
7. Bullying via websites