January 13th, 2014
- I have wanted to be a teacher since I was 7 years old
- I have always loved school and learning
- I have a passion for working with young children
- I have had teachers that made me hate school, and I don't want future generations of learners to experience that
- I have had amazing teachers that I looked up to and would like to be that person for someone
- I am a junior early childhood education major
- I am a summer camp counselor (Tyler Hill Camp), and it is the best job in the entire world!
- I love to travel! I have traveled to more than 10 countries. When I was 17 I traveled alone to Arusha, Tanzania to volunteer in a school and orphanage.
- I am in Kappa Delta sorority
- I can clap with one hand
- I faint at least once a year
Kids at Good Hope Orphanage in Arusha, Tanzania
Tyler Hill Camp
When I went to The School in Rose Valley, we had a bead ceremony at the end of each year. Our teacher would present us with a bead and a quote/phrase about ourselves. In second grade, my quote was, "Social butterfly, fearless leader."